The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question about placements (newbie)

arcsn

Hi all,

They told me that some placements must be whitelisted, and bad placements blacklisted. Which is the minimum winrate above which some placements should be whitelisted? And also, is there a way to move whitelisted placements in the next campaigns I want to launch?

Hi all,

They told me that some placements must be whitelisted, and bad placements blacklisted. Which is the minimum winrate above which some placements should be whitelisted? And also, is there a way to move whitelisted placements in the next campaigns I want to launch?

If your referring to DSP platforms (which I'll assume you are) it is best to let a placement receive 1 to 2 thousand impressions and if they do not have a CTR (click through rate) of more then 0.5% on the banners pause them unless
a conversion has occurred. Alternatively you can let each placement spend a certain amount (this depends on the payout of the offer) before pausing or blacklisting poor performers. If you can save a white or black list depends on the traffic source you using so you'll need to be more specific.

If your referring to DSP platforms (which I'll assume you are) it is best to let a placement receive 1 to 2 thousand impressions and if they do not have a CTR (click through rate) of more then 0.5% on the banners pause them unless
a conversion has occurred. Alternatively you can let each placement spend a certain amount (this depends on the payout of the offer) before pausing or blacklisting poor performers. If you can save a white or black list depends on the traffic source you using so you'll need to be more specific.

thank you for your answer. In fact I was refferring to mDSP. and I am currently using the "spend a certain amount before pausing" approach. Now I have to dig inside and find bad performers.

banners
Back