The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question About Phobia Site List

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
I am planning on setting up a site on an odd, low competition phobia, which I actually happen to have. It is very specific, so would be highly targeted. My goal is to give others a source of commiseration, as well as use it to generate revenue and using the money for CPA ads.

This will be a static site, not a blog. There is not a whole lot to say about it and there is no known cure aside from exposure therapy.

I have two questions:

1. Is there any point in starting a list? Like I said, no miracle cure, not much to say on the matter that won't already be in articles on the site, not sure what kind of funnel I could set up, except maybe phobia book reviews or something like that.

2. If a list for this site is worth bothering with, what the heck kind of giveaway could I give them. Any/all ideas and suggestions welcome.

It will be easy for me to write the articles because I know the topic so well and I'd like to do this project because there are not many outlets for others with the same issue. Monetization will be done via Amazon, I've checked to make sure there are products for it. But I'm really iffy on the list, despite the fact it's always stressed.

I welcome any ideas or feedback you have.

Thanks!
Shirley

Have you measured the potential audience?
Have you checked the demographics?
Have you researched to determine if they are a responsive audience?

Given that commiseration is sympathy, pity, comfort, solace, consolation, I am not certain that a one page site will benefit you. It's been my experience that those with sympathies like to express them.

Have you considered making it an authority site?

If the pre-build research data set supports a plan in general, you may be onto something.

Have you measured the potential audience?
Have you checked the demographics?
Have you researched to determine if they are a responsive audience?

Given that commiseration is sympathy, pity, comfort, solace, consolation, I am not certain that a one page site will benefit you. It's been my experience that those with sympathies like to express them.

Have you considered making it an authority site?

If the pre-build research data set supports a plan in general, you may be onto something.

I've found demographics and stats for phobias but so far have been unable to find it for this specific one. Not sure where else to look, maybe I'll try the library. If I still can't find it, perhaps it's not worth doing.

I've seen the odd article on this topic...always tons of comments from people who want to tell exactly how they suffer from it.

I was planning on making it more than one page but not very big. Authority site...hmmm. Well, yes and no. I don't feel like I have (personally, anyway) any helpful advice to offer readers, I just understand what they're going through. I have been considering trying to get interviews with people who do.

Thanks, TJ, I love your practical approach! There is so much I can learn from you.

MI
Back