The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Question About Facebook Pixel

Ofert Mobiles

affiliate
Hey!
I have a question about the Facebook Pixel:
Does Facebook recognize the user that fires the pixel only if the user came from Facebook?
Let me explain. Imagine I have a website, and someone enters the website. This person found the website in a forum. The pixel fires. Can I retarget that person?
I mean, will facebook detect and recognize this person? (Of course only if he has an account on facebook)
So, this user needs to have a facebook session opened or just the facebook cookies installed in their web browser?
Thanks

First thing to do is use the pixel fixer from FB.

Verify your pixel is working correctly
The Facebook Pixel Helper is a troubleshooting tool that helps you find out if your pixel is working correctly. It's a Chrome plugin you can use to see if there's a Facebook pixel installed on a website, check for errors, and understand the data that's coming from a pixel.

Install the Pixel Helper
Install and Uninstall the Facebook Pixel Helper

Hey!
I have a question about the Facebook Pixel:
Does Facebook recognize the user that fires the pixel only if the user came from Facebook?

Well, assuming you are talking about clicking an ad on FB, then the user is recognized and sent to wherever your links go. Once they get o the website, then the pixels there do the rest.

I have a website, and someone enters the website. This person found the website in a forum. The pixel fires. Can I retarget that person?

Yes, absolutely! However, you are saying they are coming from a forum to the site and not from FB. Why would you expect an FB pixel to fire when someone clicks through to the site from a forum? You should have a different event occurring coming from somewhere other than FB in this case.[/QUOTE]

Try FB's Developer pages for more pixel data. From your questions, I think implementing the correct codes for the events you want to occur is the best way to get the job done.

First thing to do is use the pixel fixer from FB.

Verify your pixel is working correctly
The Facebook Pixel Helper is a troubleshooting tool that helps you find out if your pixel is working correctly. It's a Chrome plugin you can use to see if there's a Facebook pixel installed on a website, check for errors, and understand the data that's coming from a pixel.

Install the Pixel Helper

Well, assuming you are talking about clicking an ad on FB, then the user is recognized and sent to wherever your links go. Once they get o the website, then the pixels there do the rest.

Yes, absolutely! However, you are saying they are coming from a forum to the site and not from FB. Why would you expect an FB pixel to fire when someone clicks through to the site from a forum? You should have a different event occurring coming from somewhere other than FB in this case.
Try FB's Developer pages for more pixel data. From your questions, I think implementing the correct codes for the events you want to occur is the best way to get the job done.
What a great answer!
Thanks, you are an absolute genius.
May I ask you another question about the pixel?

It is worth it to start a conversion campaign on Facebook without having events for that pixel?
Or shall we wait until we have some conversions?

Thanks and have a great day!

It is worth it to start a conversion campaign on Facebook without having events for that pixel? Or shall we wait until we have some conversions?

Events are for tracking purposes for you and some of the data is for FB to use in refining things like "interest" and "recommendations", etc. It is always a good idea to track more and not less. Tracking, events, can tell you an abundance of information on the behaviors of those you engage. This helps you design better solutions for conversions, scaling, etc.

MI
Back