The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question about affiliate marketing on a popular page

Jarhead

affiliate
Hey guys wondering what everyones opinion is on this. Lets say youre using affiliate marketing on your blog/site and already rank very high on search engines like google etc for product related keywords, like electronics for example. So as a result many thousands of people come to your page via search engines and are exposed to products in your niche.

How would you maximize monetization on such a page? Besides common things like amazon affiliate links.
Creative ways to do this?
Other pages linked to that page?
Seasonal offers?
Partnerships with other sites/companies? Advertising/renting on such a page?
Adding non affiliate content?

Keep in mind that whatever you did should not destroy the page's ranking in engines, only keep it same or improve it so no major changes.

Any tips/experiences/stories? What would you do first and what for a longterm strategy? I guess some of these things will apply to any affiliate page but im curious how they would differ in this case.
Thanks

You have listed many very reasonable and efficient monetization options. I would find a way to create my own native ad style content using a content writer and integrate a combination CPA, CPL, and maybe CPI offers from the affiliate networks. I would NOT use Amazon affiliate links.

you will want to grow the content in this fashion. This gives you 100% control over the content when you have a writer you can sub-contract to. You need someone very good. There are many out there, it's worth the time to research and it is definitely worth the money.

I would also ad some tasteful sidebar and/or additional intext ads as well.

Thanks for the response, i actually made something a little unclear, i meant to say in the beginning that were talking about a single or 2 pages within a site that are already very popular due to placement in search engines. Two questions, would content writing still apply in that case? (Not sure how much can be changed to keep rank)
Why not Amazon links? Curious.

Thanks

would content writing still apply in that case? (Not sure how much can be changed to keep rank)

Yes, high quality content that is highly relevant to the page and the site is always an SEO positive.

Why not Amazon links? Curious.

You can do better (better earnings) with highly focused and highly relevant offers for your targeted audience from affiliate networks.

Thank you, can you recommend a few better affiliate networks for this particular situation? For example electronics, you dont mean Best Buys affiliate network, you mean ones that are not niche specific? Im a little lost here there are so many out there, maybe theres a guide to which would fit here? Not sure what selection should be based upon

Your offers must be based on the demographics of your targeted traffic!

Try looking through OfferVault for related offers specifically targeted to your sites traffic demographics.

Ok i did that and found admitad which has some stores that match my site. Signed up, then realized its very new to te States. Now having second thoughts whether should look for a different network thats more established. I was a little surprised that the network names i hear thrown around here as best paying werent showing up in search on offervault. My second hesitation is why sign up through admitad lets say and not the affiliate programs of stores themselves like ebay or Target lets say. Besides the fact that its easie to have many affiliates in one place. If admitad lets say puts them together it would.make sense that they take a cut of the profits the affiliate would pay you if you signed up directly.

banners
Back