The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Quality or Quantity

Meti

affiliate
When you usually submit to web directories, which standards do you set? Do you rather prefer quality in front of quantity or is it the other way around?

I think there are thousands of web directories not even worth submitting to, main reason being their respective owners don't put much time and efforts into the project, so I choose quality in front of quantity.

What's your view? Do you think it's even worth submitting if it's basically useless?

Regards,
Meti

As you i also prefer quality. I try to submit directories which would provide some benefit. I mostly judge this potential while checking the URL system. If the URL of linking page contains any of the targetted keywords i submit, else no.:)

Of course there are some exception.

Thanks for your input Bagi!

I agree, it takes too much time to judge a web directories factors for each web directory announced over at directory announcements sections, therefore I mainly look at the domain name, design.

- Meti

I usually submit to new directories for two reasons;
- I have a good chance to be on the first page in my category
- it's new so owner will likely to promote it at least for a while...

The only time I will submit to older directories if I can afford featured listing. To be listed on the page 5-6-7+ in the category is useless.

Sometimes I do a Google search for my targeted terms and if some directory comes up on the first result page - I most likely submit my site there.

I usually submit to new directories for two reasons;
- I have a good chance to be on the first page in my category

Not sure I agree with you on that one; as many web directories list their listings based on alphabetical order, some PageRank. I hate submitting my web directory to web directories based on alphabetical order, as I always end up the last due to the "W".

- Meti

I agree with Skinner. I have more of a tendency of submitting to sites that are found by search engines. Especially when doing keyword searches as these are the sites our directories need to be associated with.

This also helps in terms of traffic.

I usually go for directories with a high SERP. Links from these seem to hold more weight especially if they've been around a while.

Quality is a must but i always submit my sites to new directory's announced as you could get your foot in the door early if a couple of them new ones become good :2guns:

Quality is a must but i always submit my sites to new directory's announced as you could get your foot in the door early if a couple of them new ones become good :2guns:

I do that from time to time, too. Some struggle and manage to stay there for a long time, whilst some are only online for weeks.

- Meti

banners
Back