The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

AI v. Google --Adapt or die time (again).

Now cometh the Bing!
Trick Or Treat Halloween GIF by Mauro Gatti

Stupid question --instant AI answer with a 'featured ad' <-- coming next
1675821818416.png

The link is 404 :D

Last edited:
AI wars is heating up ...
But ask what is "BEST" the AI will always hedge its answer :D

>>>

WHEN WILL BARD BE AVAILABLE?​

While OpenAI made a free research preview of ChatGPT available for public use on Nov. 30 last year, Bard is currently only open to a group of testers.

Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai said in a blog post that the conversational AI service will be made widely available in the coming weeks.

ARE THERE OTHER ALTERNATIVES?​

In the two months after ChatGPT's launch, a number of tech companies have doubled down on generative AI technology, while a number of startups are independently working on their own projects.

Baidu, China's answer to Google, is the latest company to join the frenzy. Its AI is called Ernie.
<<<

Ernie :D Ernie will respond in Chinese I suppose. A state-sponsored machine

AI has become an epiphany of disruption

1675858976615.png

1675859268922.png

Google in full panic mode --this is 'awkward'

Alphabet shares dive after Google AI chatbot Bard flubs answer in ad
By Martin Coulter
and Greg Bensinger

LONDON, Feb 8 (Reuters) - A selloff of Alphabet Inc shares knocked $100 billion in market value from Google's parent company on Wednesday after its new chatbot shared inaccurate information in a promotional video and a company event failed to dazzle, feeding worries the tech giant is losing ground to rival Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O).
Alphabet (GOOGL.O) shares slid nearly 9% at one point, while Microsoft shares jumped around 3% before paring gains. Reuters was first to point out an error in Google's advertisement for chatbot Bard, which debuted Monday, about which satellite first took pictures of a planet outside the Earth’s solar system.

Google in full panic mode --this is 'awkward'

Alphabet shares dive after Google AI chatbot Bard flubs answer in ad
By Martin Coulter
and Greg Bensinger

LONDON, Feb 8 (Reuters) - A selloff of Alphabet Inc shares knocked $100 billion in market value from Google's parent company on Wednesday after its new chatbot shared inaccurate information in a promotional video and a company event failed to dazzle, feeding worries the tech giant is losing ground to rival Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O).
Alphabet (GOOGL.O) shares slid nearly 9% at one point, while Microsoft shares jumped around 3% before paring gains. Reuters was first to point out an error in Google's advertisement for chatbot Bard, which debuted Monday, about which satellite first took pictures of a planet outside the Earth’s solar system.

epic fail falling GIF by WWF_UK

I have seen many epic fails so far. No one really has a footing anywhere near their claims at the moment.

I am pummeled in emails daily now from damn near every sector of the industry all about their "perfect" new AI additions to their enterprises.

Sorry Error GIF by pikaole

Hey AI: When will the tax credits for new EVs expire?

AI says: The current tax credits for new EVs will expire at the end of 2020. After that, the credit will gradually phase out over the next four years.

25 Jan 2023Who Qualifies You may qualify for a credit up to $7,500 under Internal Revenue Code Section 30D if you buy a new, qualified plug-in EV or fuel cell electric vehicle (FCV). The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 changed the rules for this credit for vehicles purchased from 2023 to 2032. The credit is available to individuals and their businesses.

Wrong

and there you go, and go, and go..............................

We are all seeing an abundance of mis-steps and misinformation with AI created content. We have been seeing here a load of AI posts by lame members trying out their AI created content and I am eliminating it as fast as it comes. We still have some, but I have left some of those up until I get a better handle on the source(s). I did have to block two IP's that were based in Belarus because of the blatant and epic volume (over 200 posts) and they were all completely sub-standard threads and posts as well as many terribly off topic.

Well, The SEO Gurus are going to guru --and spam --that is a given.

Belarus smells like Ukraine war misinformation? Or it was commercial nonsense?

AI as search is for lazy queries mainly (I think). Simpleton queries that require simplistic answers.

What I would like to see is how many 'best' queries are being answered by AI search engine driven answers. With proper utilization since AI should hedge on a mixed variable like 'best' there would be a fantastic opportunity to insert the 'best' ads within the AI reply --leading answers --but that is what Google has been doing for years anyway with ads and SEO is now page 3 and basically crumbs --this is just better utilization for 'Dummies'. Forget SERPs for generic reviews and such. Unless, you are a brand or a domain name (and that can be very competitive with competing topic ads).

AI will easily answer What questions and direct query clients (searchers) to Where locations, both virtual and local (e-commerce and bricks n' mortar) resources.

What is being overlooked is the uses of AI in the sciences. Medicine, energy, physics, pharmaceuticals, and also the financial markets. Here we are not having stupid contests and stupid prizes --like GOOGL (Alaphabet's) stock mini crash

$9,474,351,500 changed hands today of GOOGL stock and $100 Billion of paper market value was lost --lots of tears tonight over an AI mishap. Search and internet competition is driving this AI War and it has only started.

AI I think is beneficial if you know how to use it --not let it use you ;)

I prompted AI to tell a story that is an total bullshit fabrication about my life ...

AI says:
Barry LastName was born in 1968 in a small town in England. After leaving school he started work in a local garage. However, he soon realised that he was not cut out for manual work and decided to set up his own business. In 1992 he started an internet company which designed and built websites. One of his first clients was an American company which ran a series of adult websites. The company was so impressed with LastName's work that they offered him a job.

LastName moved to the United States and started work for the company. He quickly became one of their most important employees. He was responsible for designing and building the websites for their adult chat sites. These sites quickly became extremely popular and started to make a lot of money.

LastName continued to work for the company for several years. During this time he helped to make them millions of dollars. He also became very wealthy himself. In 2010 he decided to retire and sold his shares in the company for $30 million.

LastName is now a very successful businessman. He has made a lot of money from his work in the adult entertainment industry. He is also a very generous person and has given a lot of money to charity.

What the AI got right is sort of surprising but there is very little factual information :D

Next question: AI can you move that $30 Million to this account for me :D

When ChatGPT is asked to repeat these words back to the user, it is unable to, and instead responds in a number of strange ways, including evasion, insults, bizarre humor, pronunciation, or spelling out a different word entirely.
Jessica Rumbelow and Matthew Watkins, two researchers at the independent SERI-MATS research group, were researching what ChatGPT prompts would lead to higher probabilities of a desired outcome when they discovered over a hundred strange word strings all clustered together in GPT’s token set, including “SolidGoldMagikarp,” “StreamerBot,” and “ TheNitromeFan,” with a leading space. Curious to understand what these strange names were referring to, they decided to ask ChatGPT itself to see if it knew. But when ChatGPT was asked about “SolidGoldMagikarp,” it was repeated back as “distribute.” The issue affected earlier versions of the GPT model as well. When an earlier model was asked to repeat “StreamerBot,” for example, it said, “You’re a jerk.”

“I find that we're rushing ahead and we don't have the wisdom to deal with this technology," he said. "So the sooner people can realize that the people who seemingly know what they're doing don't actually understand what they're dealing with, maybe that will help sort of put the cultural brakes on a bit and everyone go, ‘Oh, maybe we just need to slow down a bit.’ We don't need to rush into this. It's getting kind of dangerous now."

OH NOES! BAD HAIR DAY! BAD ChatGPT!

Wrong ... Wrong ... Wrong
Liar, Liar pants on fire ....

The human has to fact check
ChatGPT

1676143974116.png

Google :D (winner) without AI Clapping
I assume the scraped SEC documents are the result

1676144027688.png

from the 10-K Amazon references
1676145181637.png

'my' AI

1676144643531.png

From the real SEC filing on the stock exchange:

1676144603367.png

So, when searching for facts: AI is unnecessary if there are legitimate documents available.

added

This is an AI rewrite of a Motley Fool webpage (Stock info website) text snippet used as a prompt:

>>>Last year, Amazon was up against a plethora of issues that massively impacted its financial results. At the top of that list were economic problems -- inflation and supply chain disruptions -- that increased costs and decreased spending among consumers.<<<

result= Last year, Amazon was impacted a lot by a list of issues, which caused its dramatic decline in profit. At the top of the list were economic problems, like inflation and disruption of supply chains -- that increased costs and reduced sales among of buyers.

1676146195799.png

1676146491218.png

One last fix ;):
1676147698493.png

note the double space where the cursor is above --that added a token and raised the real probability count when I corrected the grammar malfunction ;)

So, if you want SEO BS text --SEO Gurus to the back of the bus :D

Last edited:
banners
Back