“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Follow Along [Push Ads] Propeller Ads + Maxbounty

Micheal

Hello,

Tracking tool : CPVLAB
Affiliate Network : Maxbounty
Offer category : Financial - Credit Report
Payout : $30 (Canada) & $40 (USA)
Conversion : Convert on CC Submit (Free Trial)
Advertising network : PropellerAds
Advertising type : Push Ads
GEO : USA and Canada
Targeting type : Direct Linking

Yesterday (9 October 2022) :

1665393838376.png

This is my first follow along. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Excluded Zone ID : 3732812, 4717306 & 4717305
Reason : Lot of clicks and no leads.

Updated new creatives/ad copies.

Day 3 (11 Oct 2022)

USA :

1665551103206.png

Canada :

1665551156150.png

No landing pages?

Are you split testing the creatives?

Are you targeting specific demographics? A MUST with financial!

CC submits for a credit report? This one confuses me. Everyone has access to free credit reports. What's the angle?
I am not using Lander because i am not collecting additional information and also not doing any split test. So, i decided to do direct linking because using Lander will increase one more action.
CC submits for a credit report? This one confuses me. Everyone has access to free credit reports. What's the angle?

Credit report is not accurately free. I believe every companies charge for it including myFico, TransUnion, Credit sesame, Etc. Credit Karma is the only big companies which provide free credit score.
Are you making leads, but no sale conversions from these leads yet, with the other zones?
No leads. No sales as per now. I am keep increasing my daily budget, optimizing zones and adding new creatives but no success yet.

New edits to campaign :

Switch to : CPC Model (Previously CPA Model)
New negative zones : 3732812, 5345163, 3932353 & 3683319

Day 4 (12 Oct 2022) :

USA :

1665637785798.png

Canada :

1665637846456.png

For Day 5 (Today) : I am merging Canada and USA campaign together again.

CC submits for a credit report? This one confuses me.
Maybe identity theft tracking?
I think there is a limit to 'free' reports as to how many per year also.
A bridge page or lander may help but it may lose a lot of traffic too for this type offer.

I am not using Lander because i am not collecting additional information

Okay, this is not the only reason for landers. Landers always outperform direct linking. You need at least 3 different version of the lander to split test and these landers are for pre-selling the conversion.

and also not doing any split test.

Split testing creatives, landers, and hooks/angles/triggers always provides extensive insights and data used to refine what works and to eliminate what doesn't work.

Credit report is not accurately free.

TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian are the oldest and largest reporting agencies and platforms. All three, as per U.S. regulations, must provide at least one free and complete credit report per person annually. No exceptions. As for Credit karma, they do not provide the reports, they are linked to TransUnion and Equifax, but they couldn't get a contract with Experian.

Additionally, in the U.S., pretty much every bank and credit union that you have any accounts with will provide you a free credit report. I have my accounts with M&T banks and they are always willing to provide me a free credit report.

As for any other countries, that I cannot speak to. Personally I don't market the financial niche. However, I was a major player in the banking software industry for eleven years and know most of the top banking and credit solution regulations, including the credit reporting regulations.

@T J Tutor I agree with all your point. Slipt test is always a better and i am doing it for Targeting models, demographic and creative.

I feel lander is useless until i get some additional data like visitor Email ID or Pixel (Facebook, Google, Analytic, etc) for re-targeting. I am not doing anything and PropellerAds have different way of re-targeting and it does not required any pixel to place in lander.

@Graybeard

Not many people seeing push ads are going to be spending this kind of money for this --not when the extra money is scarce right now ...
That a advantage. This kind of offers works well in Push ads for senior citizen and person with loan history.

Suddenly getting notification on your phone saying "Your Credit score decreased" or "Improve your credit score" or "Check recent changes in your credit score" trigger the users to check the website and possible register it.

I believe Push ads works well compare to display or native. Peoples know Display and Natives are ads but when it come in notification of there mobile or PC, they will think it from there bank or loan company and high chance of converting

Update :

I am really shocked, I am not sure if it is a luck or my work.

Day 5 (13 Oct 2022) :

Targeting : 25+ Users. below 25 age is waste of money. I believe younger persons do not care about credit score. An employed person, senior citizen and the person who have loan history are the best converters.

Canada : 0 Lead
USA : 4 Lead

1665725250109.png

Conversion :

1665725365614.png

Creatives :

I decided to share my creatives which i using, so i can get some better suggestion. "It all a stock image"

1665725522167.png

1665725593754.png

1665725736069.png

1665725771528.png

1665725819218.png

1665725859637.png

Last edited:
Okay, this is not the only reason for landers. Landers always outperform direct linking. You need at least 3 different version of the lander to split test and these landers are for pre-selling the conversion.

Landing page (Without getting additional visitor information) :

Eg, Traffic source (100 visitors) -> Landing page (80 user landed - some traffic loss always happen in Push, Display and Native) -> Offer LP (40 users - Let says 50% user taken first action) -> Some leads/no lead

Direct Linking :

Traffic source (100 visitors) -> Offer LP (80 Visitor) -> All action will be taken in offer LP, so high chance of getting more lead compare to using extra landing page.

The less action = High chance of getting leads
The more action = reducing chance of getting leads

My offer already conversion point is 3rd page CC submit. So, if i use lander means its a 4 page CC Submit as it increase one more action.

Last edited:
Can you segment by US zip code (postal code area) with PropellerAds?
Propeller Ads do not have Zip code segments. They only have Country.

1665753518461.png

Does this offer have a free trial? Proof of its value?

Yes, the offer provide 7 days free trial. and i do not understand what you mean by "Proof of value"

Get your credit report data free. <that will get more takers (clicks) but a lower CR probably.
Words like "Data" are more technical and i believe this will lead low CR and Low Click. Actionable words can force peoples to check it ones.

As, you can see my creatives.

"Check your free credit score" have low CTR than "Your Credit Score raised".

When Ad says "Check your free credit score" they may ignore because they may have seen same word on there banking portal like @T J Tutor mentioned. But when they see "Your Credit Score raised" they will be forced to click even when they do not have any credits because they want to know why and how.

So, i always try to include in my ads "WHY" and "How"

this is not a negative sell (I think).
I do not understand what you mean by "Negative sell". All i can say, i am not doing any unethical advertising.

Last edited:
This is the *sort of thing* he is trying to convert --
credit_report_offer.jpg

Who's going to pay $19.95/mo?
It may be a more complete product more along the lines of a factual credit report inquiry

credit_report_offer_webscan.jpg

Experian is only offered as a example conversation point of this sort of offer segment --there are others similar.

Not many people seeing push ads are going to be spending this kind of money for this --not when the extra money is scarce right now ...

Maybe native ads on better ranked sites from Taboola or google display ads.

Right offer/right placement

negative sell means if you don't to this ...
Don't buy life insurance and you will leave your family penniless if you die young in an accident or from some unexpected disease. Do you want to take that risk?
I am not doing anything like that. But "Your credit score decreased" and "Your credit score raised" sounds like that.

Proof of value is why you do trials --to see if it's worth the money --or right for your application or purposes.

I am not sure about it. As i am not US Citizen i cannot signup myself to affiliate offers to check what they provide and there features. They charge $30/monthly after 7 days trial. This is the offer LP : FreeScoreOnline.com | Get Your Credit Scores Now

The reason I asked is I have income data (in brackets and by %) for all US zipcodes and also age data % by county that I can correlate to that county's (sub-districts of US states) zipcodes. I wanted to see if you could narrow your segments for added campaigns (real optimizing).

I do not think zip code tracking is possible by PropellerAds or CPVLAB. The maximum i can do is checking the location of the conversion IP.

1665755661851.png

Confused: CPVLAB Says 69.169.245.37 conversion is from Texas and whatismyipaddress(dot)com shows IP belongs to Colorado

Last edited:
My offer already conversion point is 3rd page CC submit. So, if i use lander means its a 4 page CC Submit as it increase one more action.

The history of this industry proves time and time again that well planned and delivered landing pages out perform direct linking. This has been debated for more than 20 years and while there was a time for direct linking, long long ago, landing pages wins the debate (with proof) everytime. Especially now with the consumers being far more knowledgeable.

With a landing page you have more scope and opportunity to tap into a users needs, wants, desires, address their concerns. You are able to specifically address a targeted audience, something the offer providers site does not do as they have to address a wider audience all in one place. The marketer sets up separate landers for the specific audience.

Keep doing what you are doing!
See if the numbers (the CR rate) will stabilize or trend.

Can you segment by US zip code (postal code area) with PropellerAds?

This is exactly what I keep saying: The law of averages applies in analysis of any business activity. Sales, leads or any goal action will come in as clumps often. If you ever get to the point of thousands of actions --then you can *average* or create a *median* baseline.

So, the total is 600 or 700 clicks and the conversion is around 0.7% --that is low but the pay out is higher --the ROI is there (so far).

Has your credit score changed?

Does this offer have a free trial? Proof of its value?

Get your credit report data free. <that will get more takers (clicks) but a lower CR probably.

I would avoid the scare shit --this is not a negative sell (I think).

Eg, Traffic source (100 visitors) -> Landing page (80 user landed - some traffic loss always happen in Push, Display and Native) -> Offer LP (40 users (Let says 50% user taken first action) -> Some leads/no lead
95% to 85% is the best I have seen

Now explain the 60% to 50% platforms? I drop them fast --they are below the curve.
But you can only track that with any accuracy with your own redirection on your server --in my own programming and servers I trust --there is no way to audit when you have no access to any remote server.
So, is that 80% real or not? Is that from the data you are being fed or a hypothetical number?

Last edited:
Amazing bro! I already worked with PropellerAds in mVas offers, I never trusted that push ads traffic will lead to CC submits, but you changed my idea
Good luck !!

negative sell means if you don't to this ...
Don't buy life insurance and you will leave your family penniless if you die young in an accident or from some unexpected disease. Do you want to take that risk?

Proof of value is why you do trials --to see if it's worth the money --or right for your application or purposes.

Propeller Ads do not have Zip code segments. They only have Country.

The reason I asked is I have income data (in brackets and by %) for all US zipcodes and also age data % by county that I can correlate to that county's (sub-districts of US states) zipcodes. I wanted to see if you could narrow your segments for added campaigns (real optimizing).

The US is a big market but the segments really matter a lot IMO.

Amazing bro! I already worked with PropellerAds in mVas offers, I never trusted that push ads traffic will lead to CC submits, but you changed my idea
There are few things i consider which work on Push ads.

1. Real Human traffic - from any network. I founded myself lot of bad traffic in Propellerads and i kept blocking those zones.
2. Correct age audience - Credit Report works above age 25+ and recommendation is 35+
3. Offer which usable to users - If your promoting books, health, diet, etc offers it may not convert but credit report is essential for many adults.
4. Actionable words - If you just use "Check Your free credit report" it will not convert but the same if you write "Your credit score decreased" they will check
5. Freebies and Trial - Trial are one of the best offers because peoples do not invest money to try and if they do not like they will cancel it before the Trial period.

I believe Push Ads works better than Native and Display on this generic.

They all are to some extent these days, but these social sites are absolutely the biggest bot sites on the planet.
Social traffic are good. I personally do not use much but saw several post on affiliate forum like STM, claiming they are making $xxxxx a day just with Facebook ads.

I have recently watched Neil Patel podcast and he said currently Tiktok ads conversion rate is much higher than Facebook, Social, Native and Display.

But this is pretty hypothetical as a guess without knowing an exact address.

The question is even i get exact Zip code what i the use when i cannot target my campaign based on Zip code in PropellerAds. I believe other Push-ads network like ClickAdu, Adsterra, Rich push also does not have zip targeting.

For zip targeting the only option to go by Google ads or Facebook ads.

Day 6 (14 Oct 2022 ) :

1665816121143.png

Day 7 (Today) optimization : removing my ad copies which is like "Check your free credit report", "view your 3 credit score", etc and adding more creative like "Your credit score is recently changed", "Your credit score dropped!", "Credit score dropped by -3", etc

JSON:
[{
  "ip": "69.169.245.37",
  "city": "Venus",
  "region": "Texas",
  "country": "US",
  "loc": "32.4335,-97.1025",
  "org": "AS17306 JAB Wireless, INC.",
  "postal": "76084",
  "timezone": "America/Chicago",
  "readme": "https://ipinfo.io/missingauth"
},
{
    "status": "ok",
    "69.169.245.37": {
        "proxy": "no",
        "type": "Wireless"
    }
}]

@roscoejr My lead Gen its had a hipe.
I saw a YouTuber use it to state that is very low-quality traffic poor converting
Sometimes YouTubers who promote My lead Gen share stats that show that also, other just keep promoting it because of affiliates
keep searching ..

@Micheal nice work! keep updating

If anyone knows ... How can you see if the traffic you buy is bot traffic? Can a tracking platform track bots traffic, if, yes what tracking platform is cheap to start with? Can bot traffic blocked? ( one reason I want good quality traffic and another for validations of ad networks)

banners
Back