The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Push ad tracking help needed

Dave Styles

affiliate
I know nothing about macros or setting up ad tracking for push ads. I have been trying to figure out how to use macros for years and I don't understand it. I'm promoting my Forex product using push ads. I need to be able to track traffic sources and everything.
From start to finish I need to know how to set up a tracking URL with Macros and everything so it can track sales and everything. Is their a took that's super easy to use that generates this url with Macros and everything in it for tracking?

Can someone direct me to a informative video on the subject or someone who offers a service where they set up the tracking for us?

Nice Tutorial

>>>Sound confusing?

Well, the fact is that you probably see GET requests everyday. A GET request is added on to a URL to give the server information.

You searched for landing page - Nick Lenihan
Whenever you see a URL with a ? in it, that’s a GET request. In the example above, the GET request is s=landing+page. It’s telling my website to search for the query “landing page”.

All GET requests have a name and value. In this case the name is “s” and the value is “landing+page”.[/S]<<<
===================================
A URL (or URI) string preceded by a ? at the end of a hyperlink is called a query string.
  • ?parameter=value&... is a key/value pair
  • token_name={value}

Last edited:
Can you recommend any video tutorials or a company that set's all that up for advertisers. When I read through that tutorial it confused me more.

Hey Dave,

I just published this article on my blog Read through it and by the time you're done I'm pretty sure you will be able to set up your tracking.

If you still need help, post specific questions and I'll try and help you out.

Nice Tutorial

>>>Sound confusing?

Well, the fact is that you probably see GET requests everyday. A GET request is added on to a URL to give the server information.

You searched for landing page - Nick Lenihan
Whenever you see a URL with a ? in it, that’s a GET request. In the example above, the GET request is s=landing+page. It’s telling my website to search for the query “landing page”.

All GET requests have a name and value. In this case the name is “s” and the value is “landing+page”.[/S]<<<
===================================
A URL (or URI) string preceded by a ? at the end of a hyperlink is called a query string.
  • ?parameter=value&... is a key/value pair
  • token_name={value}
Yeah sure. But using terms like that is more confusing to people.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 2.25.48 PM.png

I was trying to make it as simplified as possible.

haha. I updated just for the people that literally only speak robot. ;)

What is the problem with the word query? That means question; What the question is /? name and value pair. Is that that hard to comprehend?

Dude

Have you seen the questions asked here?

Last edited:
aww I can see this can you.
You want to use the terms like a simpleton go right ahead ...

What is the problem with the word query? That means question; What the question is /? name and value pair. Is that that hard to comprehend?

Dude

Last edited:
Hey Dave,

I just published this article on my blog explaining how affiliate tracking works. Read through it and by the time you're done I'm pretty sure you will be able to set up your tracking.

If you still need help, post specific questions and I'll try and help you out.

Just scanned through and to me that seems like a very good explanation of it all. Nice :)

@Dave Styles I suggest reading that throroughly, be patient and absorb the information. Don't rush these things, once you learn it's with you forever so it's worth taking the time to learn correctly. Not be guided step by step with a video.

I do better with videos than reading an explanation. To me this seems as difficult as coding and I'm not the type of person who is capable of coding. I spent all night reading it and nothing really made sense to me. I've read tutorials before over the course of 4 years spent a lot of time trying to understand it but it doesn't make any sense to me.

I understand what a pixel is and a basic affiliate link but the whole macros thing and link structure is a bit too complicated for me. I avoided push ads for years because of this and just did Facebook and Google ads since it was a lot easier for me to understand. It would be nice if there was a company I can pay to do this for me
Just scanned through and to me that seems like a very good explanation of it all. Nice :)

@Dave Styles I suggest reading that throroughly, be patient and absorb the information. Don't rush these things, once you learn it's with you forever so it's worth taking the time to learn correctly. Not be guided step by step with a video.

I found 2 videos seems there isn't much out there

Webinars - Voluum Affiliate Tracker

There is no 'standard' to this each platform differs.
Select a tracker 'platform' to use first and see what webinars and video tutorials they have.

I am making no specific recommendation here -- 5 or 10 minutes search.

banners
Back