The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Protecting sites PR

Robocop

affiliate
my site ableize.com currently has a PR5 and i'm concerned about loosing it due to too many sitewide links. I have reduced the featured to 5 showing at any one time but still have a sitewide link to the Virtual Library (top left)

If I make the VL link a no follow link do you think the site will be safe?

if so is this the correct code <a href="http://vlib.org/" rel="nofollow">VL Logo ©</a>

Any advice in this area greatly received.

Are you trying to protect your PR because you sell links? If not why are you so concerned?

If you sell links that are not using the Nofollow attribute,, then at some time in the future your site will suffer. Simple as that really.

Sitewides are ALREADY downgraded, footer site wides even more downgraded. So links in general really. If you have a block of links that are not related semantically, then they are now or will be downgraded soon, moreso if they are off topic from the main page content.

But I don't care a damn about Pagerank or link benefit :D

I also run tests on site wide effectiveness. The only real way to run tests is on your own sites ;)

Google PR discounts internal links.
Internal links do not degrade PR (today).
In the future, internal links may effect PR.
No Follow was designed (in my opinion) to save PR from leaking outside the web site.

Google is never against advertisement. It is against SERP manipulation by way of buying/selling links concerning high PR sites.

If one has followed the penalization issue throughly, he/she should know that - advertisements using no-follow tags, Java Script redirects are always allowed by Google. It only when webmasters/SEO firms buy/sell high PR links which naturally manipulates SERPs that Google is against.

I hope my answer is clear to OP.:D

MI
Back