The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

PropellerAds Conversion Pixel Question

OscarMike

Hi all, I'm trying to build a mailing list using PropellerAds. I would like to send cold traffic to a squeeze page.

In order to see which ad zones are converting, I need to install a conversion script and pixel on the thank you page. S2S Postback URLs don't work for this.

When the visitor subscribes and sees the thank you page, the pixel is supposed to fire.

I've tested my squeeze page and thank you page but Bemob doesn't record the conversion. It still says 0.

Can you please help?

Thanks

IDK who wrote the script?
You read that and set that up like they say?
Hi Graybeard, thank you for the response.

I followed this guide exactly. I setup a simple html thank you page (nothing fancy). I tried using the default bemob tracking link and my own dedicated tracking domain that I've set up with bemob. Still nothing gets recorded.

The Bemob support staff says it's because my domain is blocking cookies. The pixel is cookie based. I'm not sure how to fix that. I'm waiting for their response.

Well there are parameters to use when setting cookies: lax; is what you want.
But a lot of browser's will not allow that cross domain by default. And you cannot control the user's browser only yours.
Cookies can only be read by the same or the parent(level2) domain name. {www. example.com} or .example.com

A tracker needs to be able to handle more that one S2S event for the same campaign
A campaign's 'target' should be able to post-back to the tracker key funnel events (more than one)

US F12 developer tools and troubleshoot
1678480659612.png

The correct way to do it on YOUR server. Collect the data then then POST in to the tracking server if it is on a different domain. But this is may be a legal issue.

An easier answer seems to be host the tracker and database on your own domain or write your own tracker scripts (that is what I have done [but I know how to or can figure it out]) host the email form and POST script on your own server and record the data.

If the offer Thank you server passes the zoneID; by its own URL or cookie -- you could pass it to a server side script as POST to the remote (in this case the tracking URL)

Facebook and GA pixels are commonly blocked now as cross-domain trackers natively by default in the browser, notwithstanding Chrome which is an obvious Google privacy hack :p The right way to do this is S2S. However, GDPR and other newer laws restrict this tracking to some degree. But that is name, address and other PII. A zoneID and that event triggered is not personally identifying. An IP address might be considered PII.

On Feb. 10, the California attorney general issued its first set of modifications to its proposed CCPA regulations. These modifications included the following guidance:
f a business collects the IP addresses of visitors to its websites but does not link the IP address to any particular consumer or household, and could not reasonably link the IP address with a particular consumer or household, then the IP address would not be ‘personal information.”

The GDPR states that data is classified as “personal data” an individual can be identified directly or indirectly, using online identifiers such as their name, an identification number, IP addresses, or their location data.

The problem here is 3rd party transfer of data without consent.
ZoneID's or the actual domain names and the event are not personally identifiable to a person's actual identity IMO *not legal advice

That would be the media ad seen. That only identifies the productivity of the ads --no personal harm to the consumer here.

This whole PII data problem is the other edge of the sword of rampant abuses of privacy employed by advertisers and advertising networks --the abuses created the laws in response. You reap what you sow in life --usually ;) Black-hat 'til banned or jailed :p.

Last edited:
MI
Back