The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Project management script

OldDarkstarAccount

affiliate
I was thinking of creating a small project management script, with the very few php I know.

But i have a problem with creating the DB. Is not that I do not know how to create it from code, but I do now know what fields I should use.

I was thinking of having two tables, one for the users and one for the projects.

I would like suggestions on this matter, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dks.

Ok...let's do it...:)

But...in order to have at least a small chance of a good result, we need to define the problem a little bit more.
We need a better description for what we want to achieve by this application. In order to do this, we need to describe the current situation. Then, what do you want to achieve by creating this application.

Moreover....you said something about users and projects. In this case, we need few more words about how you describe those users and projects. This needs at least 2 types of description:
1 . things that you use when describing an user or a project and that are required to solve your problem ( user name, profile etc; project name, project types, etc)
2. actions or states that you are interested to record in connection to those users and projects.

Having this established, then we would be able to move forward and start creaing the database...:)

ok, on short

- project name
- starting date
- deadline
- user in handle with it
- contact details ( email & phone number )
- status

- users
- real name
- password

Too short I might say...:)

Therefore, I have to make few assumptions:
- contact details ( email & phone number ) as related to a certain customer;
- you don;t need to keep extensive information about a specific customer and the above contact details are all that you need;
- there is only one user assigned at a certain moment to a specific project;
- you do not need to keep a history of project stages: no need to record project status history; no need to record the history of users that were assigned to a project;
- you have a list of project statuses that you use for all your projects;
- I do not understand the role of user password in this scenario but I will put it in there because you say so..:)

Now...the tables:
- Projects;
- Users
- Statuses;

Table structure and data types (you must apply data types to the specific DB you are going to use):

Projects:
- ProjectId - Integer Autoincrement; (Primary key)
- ProjectName - text (100);
- ProjectDescription - Memo;
- ProjectStartDate - DateTime;
- ProjectDeadline - DateTime;
- ProjectCustomerDetails - memo;
- ProjectAssignedUser - Integer - ( Foreign key, link to UserID)
- ProjectStatusID - Integer - (Foreign key, link to StatusId)

Users:
- UserId - Integer Autoincrement; (Primary Key)
- UserName text (100);
- UserPassword text (10);

Statuses:
- StatusID - Integer Autoincrement; (Primary key)
- StatusName - text(50);

banners
Back