The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

PR Update - How did you fare?

Bagi,
There is something that says "be grateful for small mercies" so don't be dishearteend, just work harder towards next update if PR mean so much to you :)

You are right, but I think I promoted the site very intensive. Otherwise I still hope that Google will realise the mistake, and correct it to a PR5:D

If you check Bagi's website here it is showing a PR 0. I typed directoryofseolinks.com and all show 0, but if I add www. then a couple of servers are showing PR4.

I redirected the search engines to the www version using .htaccess.;)

PR4 is the norm, you should be able to get that with 2 or 3 links.

Also keep in mind that the PR export is normally at least 3 months old when it shows on the toolbar.

Also keep in mind that the PR export is normally at least 3 months old when it shows on the toolbar.

I think I remeber debating something similar to this at another forum that to be able to guranteed PR tranfer from one site/page to another you need to leave it for at least three or more months

I'm going to experiment by starting a new site and only linking it to one high PR site. Anyone want to be part of the experiment and give me a free link to a PR9 or 10 site :) :)

Actually, this forum should get a PR11 from what I have heard, so I should have a good link I can experiment with. :) :)

PR4 is the norm, you should be able to get that with 2 or 3 links.

Google shows he 8000 inlinks in the webmaster service, so that's why I was so shocked.:deal: If it exports a 3 months old state, that is OK.

Yep just to clarify how it works,

the backlink data is more or less live, but the toolbar PR is a snapshot taken a few months earlier (which is why I try to explain to people that you can't compare the two! )

OWG, there is something what I can't understand. Last november a hungarian seo contest was launched. I informed about it in the first days of december and decided to take apart, with a freshly registered subdomain. The previous update was started on 9th January, and had a second wave on 25th January. I gained a PR5 within almost 2 months in the second wave. So I don't know how this snapshot is taken?

As I said, it has been 'about' a few months prior. We managed to nail the last but one PR update down to 12 weeks, as I and someone else on DP launchged sites 2 weeks apart, both were spidered the same day, I had Pr they didn't. We also managed to confirm this with some other sites.

I normally am not interested in PR, it was just that on this occasion, I was able to provide a yadstick.

Like everything in Google, they rarely stick to absolutes, they fanny around with things.

banners
Back