The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PR Culling

Richlife

I noticed some Pro bloggers moaning about PR drop on their sites. Problogger.net which is the king pin of the B5 Media network dropped from PR7 down to PR4. They rely heavily on paid sponsor Ads and these sponsors use PR to evaluate the value of an Ad placement. No wonder the Pro Bloggers are annoyed

Actually, they are a bit dumb since big G has said all along in their terms and conditions that artificial linking schemes are not acceptable. These blog networks interlink between blogs of unrelated subject matter and regularly blog about each others posts so it is no wonder that they got de-ranked IMHO.

What we can learn from this is that it is good to link out to other sites that help our readers get more info on what we are talking about and these other sites are not always a part of our closed little network.

Also PR isn't everything... that particular site is obviously an authority but whether its PR7 or PR2, does it really matter? People place too much emphasis on toolbar PR.

I do agree,Google cut down on backlinks/inbound links after the October 2007 updates.The reason it wanted every trader to use the adsense account.I tried discussing this in other forums too so that I was convinced regarding this action taken by Google but much too my disappointment I was criticized of spamming.At least I have a point now.In fact Google is suggesting the directories to trade links from now.Here is the list of directories that Google has suggested.As for PR if you are optimizing primarily for Google it should be one of the most important things as it is because of the PR factor that Google has an added advantage over other major Search Engines like PR and backlinks.

banners
Back