The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Postback pixels?

They are usually a more reliable way for a conversion report to take place between an advertiser's and Network Tracking Platform, or between a network Tracking Platform and yourself. It all happens between the servers themselves (ie Server to Server) one server contacts the other.

A image pixel is a 1x1 width and height invisible image that gets placed on a conversion page when a conversion happens, these tend to be a lot less reliable, as not all browsers handle images the same and sometimes it will not get placed at all and this is when "Misfires" occur where the conversion happened, however it never got tracked on either the network's side or your tracking software's side.

Some offers you just can't get around using image pixels in this case LJAds.com manually credits 100% of misfires to the appropriate affiliate that is running traffic, not a lot of networks out there will take the time and energy to do this, or will simple pocket the untracked conversion for themselves.

I hope this helped you out if you have any more questions feel free to ask, I'll do my best to help out.

That was a great explanation LJ. Pixels are a doubled edged sword. We work hard to implement the right scripting to help protect offers in which pixel crediting is involved. It is unfortunate that there are those out there that would attempt to take advantage and exploit certain weaknesses, but as it is in the real world, so it is in affiliate marketing.

Thank for that OO, and for all the grammar nazis out there that hasn't realized/ripped me apart because it was one continuous run-on sentence. Wasn't trying to get a A+ in English class just trying to quickly answer the question lol.

MI
Back