“Adavice”/  “1Win

Please review

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedtee

affiliate
Hello all,
I have got my site started at last.
Please have a look and tell me what you think. Quality used furniture. - Home.
(I know it is not a very good domain name, but that is what my shops name is).
Any comments, positive or negative, would be appreciated, thanks.

gedtee, don't know where to start, there is an awful lot of things that can be improved on your website.
The pictures are really nice, especially the pictures on this page Quality used furniture. - Glass shades. but as a website, its now bad for first attempt.

I think a nice was for a beginner with no web design or IT background to create a website is to find a website he likes and model his own website after that.

Well done on getting your site online :)

Thanks for the reply temi.
Would you care to elaborate on what improvements can be made, or are there just too many to list?
Thanks.

gedtee,
Just too many to list, but let me point you in the right directory, please note this is just a subjective opinion, other will have different opinion.

I know the site I am giving as an example is in a different niche but have a look at this site: Yurts for sale or hire from the round house Yurt builders look how the items etc are neatly arranged etc, the colour coordination is also quite nice.

If this is your first web site I think this is ok. let me give you cuple of tips. Before you start your design check what others do. Get a good idea. Then create few of images of your first page and detail pages. Don t do any html till you find the proper design.

I am not a web designer so I can tell you about color combination and stuff. But check templates and get some idea even ask from your friends and family which one they like.

If you want to learn you need to try.

gedtee, not bad for your first go. Don't worry about trying to make it perfect cos it never will be....

Evan after 2 years I'm always looking to improve my site and aways will be.. I would suggest changing the colours so that are more in contrast with each other. and improve the navigation..

I had to have several attempts to access the site and got several 404's see your with servage so thats about normal for them but thats another story.

keep tweaking it and as long as your happy with the site, thats all that matters..

Mike :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back