The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Please help me experienced SEO guys

Toucan-marketing

affiliate
Hi, I've put on a niche blog on Sat, was waiting for the indexing, built some refs and Press Release profile. I've been checking it coming up in Google for web address, it finally came up but not the first position, the first position is still the links.
Can you tell me does it mean it is indexed, it is almost indexed or it doesn't mean anything?

P. S. I have free blogs and a website, this was my first experiment with WP blog sites, so really need help there. I was told before it is indexed if it comes up for Google.

Hi, I've put on a niche blog on Sat, was waiting for the indexing, built some refs and Press Release profile. I've been checking it coming up in Google for web address, it finally came up but not the first position, the first position is still the links.
Can you tell me does it mean it is indexed, it is almost indexed or it doesn't mean anything?

P. S. I have free blogs and a website, this was my first experiment with WP blog sites, so really need help there. I was told before it is indexed if it comes up for Google.

I'm confused. What do you mean by

it finally came up but not the first position, the first position is still the links

OK. That sounds reasonable for a new site.

Type this into Google: site:yourdomain.co.uk

If you get any results at all, that means at least some of your site has been indexed.

Thanks very much. It came up! Really pleased with what I picked up from you guys, 5 days is not so bad for my first WP blog!
P. S.... I knew you would know the answer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest way to check whether your webpages are indexed or not is to just copy small paragraph and search it in Google. If you get your website as result then it's indexed else not ;)

Thanks very much, now it's clear. It is indexed but the new posts. I am actually not blonde, but this being my first WP blog, you guys helped me a lot.
P. S. Spent about 1/2 day on allowing widgets and changing CSS, but it will go quicker next time I know :)

You are welcome :)
There are many Wordpress SEO plugins available which will help you to build a perfect SEO blog :)
eg.. "All in one SEO pack" for Wordpress.

You are welcome :)
There are many Wordpress SEO plugins available which will help you to build a perfect SEO blog :)
eg.. "All in one SEO pack" for Wordpress.

I have it installed already, plus social bookmark stuff, don't ask me how long it took to get it right.... :) I am struggling with getting the stats, at the mom, as no sites show it and for some reason even WP doesn't.

As I said, I've found the dashboard stats quite slow to update and definitely incomplete. There are some other WP stats plug-ins available that do a better job of tracking visitors, or of course there is Google Analytics and/or Google Webmaster Central.

Just be aware that as you increase the number of plug-ins, you'll slow down page loads in WP.

On the other hand, adding the Google Analytics code to a page also slows down page loads: When I discovered how much it increased load time, I deleted it.

Thanks

As I said, I've found the dashboard stats quite slow to update and definitely incomplete. There are some other WP stats plug-ins available that do a better job of tracking visitors, or of course there is Google Analytics and/or Google Webmaster Central.

Just be aware that as you increase the number of plug-ins, you'll slow down page loads in WP.

On the other hand, adding the Google Analytics code to a page also slows down page loads: When I discovered how much it increased load time, I deleted it.

Thanks very much. That helped a lot. I checked with my host, there was traffic indeed, but most of them must have been the robots I think, as per the same IP. But I will keep on testing the plug-ins. At the moment it loads OK. I don't know if you remember doing your first website in WP, but this is pretty exciting and a great experience. I absolutely love learning new stuff and you guys actually share much more than you should for free :)

I still get a kick out of it. I even get a kick out of setting up a site for someone else and watching it develop.

My worst habit is I can't inhibit the urge to tinker... :eek:

If you tinker, you HAVE to learn as you go, because sooner or later you're going to break something and then upou have to learn how to fix it... fast! :eek:

Thanks David for sharing... Well, if you are using cpanel hosting then you have AWstats:-Traffic analysis tool, which is better option as compare to WP stats plug-ins or using Google Analytics code which may affect website load time ;)

banners
Back