The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Playing about with mobile campaigns!

Consilience

affiliate
Hey whats up guys? Names Consilience (Mike), 22, pretty much just starting out and I have yet to formally introduce myself. So...Hi.

Essentially I am getting off my rear to make my own luck. Started my first mobile campaign in AU. With all that I've read it seems like a good place to start. However, I woke up to some stats that certainly need improvement (I am relatively a newb - no lie there). Like anyone else, I'm just starting out and paying for my education [after lurking, reading & procrastinating for 10 months -_- lol].
So this is what I woke up to (now granted I didn't realize I set it to run, so it was only one banner / incomplete start - I paused it today, tweaked and added more banners to test):

Impressions: 41, 305 (I bid high which leads me to believe this is why I got so many imprs - I'm not sure if that is high for about a day running).
Clicks: 268
Conversions: 0
$24 spent

*What I would consider a terrible CTR.
*I am direct linking, I feel that the supplied lp is terribly simple and I need to make one. (Something I will be working on as the technical aspects evade me - I know very little about coding, which is crucial)
*I'm near certain I set up the tracking incorrectly as Mundo tracked 61 clicks of those clicks. I did ask my affiliate manager about this so hopefully I'm straight now.

I deff. have my work cut out for me as I'm far behind the game but I optimistically look forward.

I do have a few question if anyone can answer them:

1. What mobile tracking software would anyone recommend? Preferably not too expensive, I was told that Prosper was not ideal. My account manager at recommended MobAff Tracker, but I cant justify the $150/mo. when I hardly know the necessary technical aspects. So right now I am just using the whats available with Mundo and the TS.

2. At what point would you consider I stop? I'm not worried about losing $100 if I learn something beneficial that will make my next attempt more likely to be profitable.

... I had more questions earlier but its late and my brain doesn't want to function; so any constructive feedback or comments, tips or tricks would be great.

Most appreciated.

Re: Want to get started in Mobile?

Welcome to the forum, glad you're joining in and sounds like you have a great mindset. I haven't done any mobile at all yet, but I'm pretty sure a few people on here have. I know that the folks from IMGrind have a mobile tracker - iMobiTrax, but that also has a pretty hefty fee per month - $130 from what I can tell. From what I remember they also provide quite a bit of info about Mobile on their blog too, so maybe worth a look - IMGrind.

Good luck with this and future campaigns.

MI
Back