The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Physical product affiliate program would you be interested?

Yanz

affiliate
Hello every one,

I am thinking of making a website that sell adult toys ( actual physical toys like vibrators etc ) I would start with girls toys and see how it goes. I would be manufacturing my own toys and have them stored myself for fast shipping and competitive prices.

Since its a big investment in both the website itself and the physical products I wanted to check if affiliate marketers would be interested.
I believe it is better to go the affiliate route than doing the marketing myself I am more of a design/management guy.

If the website is well made for conversion and the products are competitive in price would a 20% affiliate commission on the sales be interesting?
For attracting quality affiliate marketers I believe that when a client buy they should give the % commission for life.
Cookies should be forever if they are a first time visitor?

Do you think you could bring good conversions?

I am thinking of only selecting some affiliate from top forums and not open it to everyone I only want quality traffic and I believe it is bad for affiliate when too many compete with each other.

Am I missing something and would you be interested?

Thank you

Well me i think the niche its very good as many girls are ashame to go in a sex shop etc ,to get what they need for theyr fantasy .If you succed to give good traffic to the website you will make good money

In my opinion, between 'make a website + affiliate program' and 'manufacturing my own toys', the most challenging is obviously the second one...

I think you should reconsider the 'I am thinking of only selecting some affiliate from top forums'. From experience in this industry, it is the other way around, the good sex toys content affiliates will choose you if they think your product is worthy.

Aside from that, yes, 20% is something classic in the sex toys affiliate program commissions range.

I wanted to check if affiliate marketers would be interested

There are an abundance of affiliates in that marketing space. it was one of the first affiliate spaces in this industry.

I believe it is better to go the affiliate route than doing the marketing myself

Well, two things come to mind immediately, you WILL need to manage your affiliates through an affiliate portal integrated into your site and you WILL need to do some brand marketing or hire someone to get it done.

would a 20% affiliate commission on the sales be interesting?

Sure, especially with higher end merchandise. maybe run some affiliate contests also where they get a higher commission when reaching certain goals in the contests.

I am thinking of only selecting some affiliate from top forums and not open it to everyone I only want quality traffic and I believe it is bad for affiliate when too many compete with each other.

This is not correct thinking. While top forums (or spaces where affiliates gather) are the best locales for recruiting, you do not select the affiliates, they select you! In addition, you can screen affiliates and require they have successful track records in the adult industry, but I'm not sure you can do that immediately.

I would be manufacturing my own toys and have them stored myself for fast shipping and competitive prices.
If it's a new trending product maybe. Innovative and a good value proposition.
If I can import the same things made in China for half the price --think again ;)

you do not select the affiliates, they select you! In addition, you can screen affiliates and require they have successful track records in the adult industry, but I'm not sure you can do that immediately.
Maybe, an easy approval process with a 90 day review for a permanent affiliate status? My constant question is why should I spend my money and time trying to promote and sell your product or program?

The only real issue is brand safety --when that really applies ...

Yeah, in fact this is always an issue for affiliates to abide by, brand protection and/or brand restrictions that come with many of the network offers and some affiliate programs.

Again thanks allot for everyone that took the time to write a reply this is some really interesting informations!

You have a point I will have to check what other sites rules have in place for protecting their images. I wouldn't want the website to be promoted on an illegal website for exemple.

If it's a new trending product maybe. Innovative and a good value proposition.
If I can import the same things made in China for half the price --think again ;)

I was leaning toward a site like pinkcherry canada of course without as many products to start with ( got to start somewhere ). Of course anyone can import from factories with various experience ( I am used to working with direct factories ) so this part I am not stressed. ( it is not dropshipping aka aliexpress stuff ). But not everyone want to handle the shipping inventory quality control prices etc. at 20% commission it is a good chunk of the profit without having to handle all of the issues which I think is good.

Last edited:
There are an abundance of affiliates in that marketing space. it was one of the first affiliate spaces in this industry.

Well, two things come to mind immediately, you WILL need to manage your affiliates through an affiliate portal integrated into your site and you WILL need to do some brand marketing or hire someone to get it done.

Sure, especially with higher end merchandise. maybe run some affiliate contests also where they get a higher commission when reaching certain goals in the contests.

This is not correct thinking. While top forums (or spaces where affiliates gather) are the best locales for recruiting, you do not select the affiliates, they select you! In addition, you can screen affiliates and require they have successful track records in the adult industry, but I'm not sure you can do that immediately.

For the marketing you mean I must provide the banners and other marketing tools for my affiliates?

For the marketing you mean I must provide the banners and other marketing tools for my affiliates?

That isn't mandatory but is highly advised. Many publishers prefer to start with the professionally created creatives provided by an affiliate program (or network offer) until they get their campaigns dialed in. I do this with the CPA side of my business as well as with the luxury content sites I have where I promote private charter travel and destinations. Most will want to proceed in this fashion.

• sex toys are a commodity
If you manufacture something special you may make it.

1. You would be new to the business
  2. Marketing a new product on the internet is expensive
  3. Don't depend on commission CPA affiliates to establish your market position
  4. You will need to do extensive market tests on your own product and provide real POC (proof of concept) before anyone substantial would invest their time and money marketing your business.

MI
Back