The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Phantom Twitter Clicks In Click Meter...

Evan Bang

Grab a glass of water or a nice cold one because this one's going to be an interesting one...

Here's what's going on. Today I had a strategy session with one of my business partners and he was sharing his results with me from his recent campaigns using twitter. These campaigns are, as far as I know, 100% organic Twitter traffic only. NO paid advertising. NO external traffic outside of Twitter.

He was sharing his stats with me (I'm trying to get a snapshot from him at the moment) and from what I could remember from one of his shared links it showed something along the lines of:

1913 Total Clicks / 1132 Unique Clicks / 11 Conversions <------ The conversions are what raised the flag on this issue.

His audience is currently around 35k Followers. He's been using tweetjukebox.com to currate his content on a regular basis.

*** My only theory at this point is that the "t.co" (Twitter's link re-director) is possibly firing a unique click every time it appears in somebodies feed that is active at the time of the tweet. The only inclination that I believe this might be how/why is that at one point I had read somewhere that Twitter's "t.co" re-direct had a feature within it's coding to run a check against potentially malicious link types as a means of preventing "dirty" links from being shared on Twitter ***

As you can tell from reading so far, this is a stumper for sure.

Is there a way to check the origin of the clicks?

ClickMeter's Support Forums have so far been null for anything helpful

HELP PLEASE! :-D

banners
Back