“FunnelFlux Zeydoo
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Phantom Twitter Clicks In Click Meter...

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Evan Bang, Oct 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Evan Bang

Evan Bang Affiliate affiliate

Grab a glass of water or a nice cold one because this one's going to be an interesting one...

Here's what's going on. Today I had a strategy session with one of my business partners and he was sharing his results with me from his recent campaigns using twitter. These campaigns are, as far as I know, 100% organic Twitter traffic only. NO paid advertising. NO external traffic outside of Twitter.

He was sharing his stats with me (I'm trying to get a snapshot from him at the moment) and from what I could remember from one of his shared links it showed something along the lines of:

1913 Total Clicks / 1132 Unique Clicks / 11 Conversions <------ The conversions are what raised the flag on this issue.

His audience is currently around 35k Followers. He's been using tweetjukebox.com to currate his content on a regular basis.

*** My only theory at this point is that the "t.co" (Twitter's link re-director) is possibly firing a unique click every time it appears in somebodies feed that is active at the time of the tweet. The only inclination that I believe this might be how/why is that at one point I had read somewhere that Twitter's "t.co" re-direct had a feature within it's coding to run a check against potentially malicious link types as a means of preventing "dirty" links from being shared on Twitter ***

As you can tell from reading so far, this is a stumper for sure.

Is there a way to check the origin of the clicks?

ClickMeter's Support Forums have so far been null for anything helpful

HELP PLEASE! :-D

2. AdCombo
  3. azgold

azgold Administrator Administrator Dojo Master affiliate

Marc and Evan Bang like this.
banners