The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

PayPal sucks .com

• Thread starter PrivateInvestigator
  • Start date
Paypal in the early days had problems. Most of the people who complain about PP though are (how can I say it) less than honest lol. A prime example of this is ebay. I bought some software on ebay, it was a trial with a crack now as we all know this is not only ilegal, you do not know what the crack is doing to your system. Patching software is one of the ways spammers turn your computer into a spam zombie.

I contacted the guy and told him I want my money back, as he was selling ilegal software. He replied back telling me to 'get a life' he said I can forget about my getting money back as he had delivered the goods. I contacted both Ebay, Paypal, FAST, & Trading standards. The guy has now lost his ebay account, had his paypal account frozen, and is facing investigation by FAST & Trading standards. No doubt this is the sort of person who will badmouth ebay for keeping 'HIS money'.

Totally agree,
For our customers ease we have a UK & International Premier Business account with paypal and to date, any disputes have been handled quickly, effeciently and fairly.

I do have one small gripe though, and I challenge anyone to get an answer from paypal........... Ask them what their V.A.T number is.

To date we have informed customs 3 times of this and have yet to get a reply. I have personally phoned paypal europe 7 times and emailed them countless times, all they do is refer me to an ebay page which states that you can claim vat back from customers using their VAT system by entering my VAT number.

If anyone has their VAT number it really would be appreciated, otherwise I will just submit my return and let C & E worry about getting it out of them.

Are they accepting your claim though? When I couldn't get a vat number, they removed the VAT from my outgoing account. It cost me £4500 a month backdated for 18 months, I was gutted to say the least.

At least since they setup Paypal Europe based in the UK, they are now regulated by the Financial Services Authority, so if you are in this country you can also complain to them.

MI
Back