“mobile”/ “mobile”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

how to get lower fees on Paypal?

Discussion in 'Customer Relationship Management (CRM)' started by Live0, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Live0

Live0 Affiliate affiliate

Hey all how do you apply or automatically get lower fees on Paypal?
    David Luckett likes this.
  2. adcombo
  3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator Marketplace Seller

They also may reduce it over time as you establish a long term relationship with them and your volume increases.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Affiliate affiliate

Another way to make sure the fees aren't too high is to try and make payments, and especially overseas payments, personal ones and not business ones.

Business payments will incur a fee I believe if it's under a certain amount (I think it's around $20, but it's worth checking) but a personal payment from just one individual to another won't incur and charges.

The FAQ page actually on the PayPal site is very good, and covers a lot of topics like this, so I'd definitely recommend checking that out also, to clarify any issues like this you might have in the future.
  5. royalrevenuee

royalrevenuee Affiliate affiliate

Paypal takes 4% of transaction plus 85 cents for each transaction. If your sender is a mass payment account holder it will be free otherwise no chance.
  6. David Luckett

David Luckett Affiliate affiliate

Use an accounting software...
  7. Graybeard

Graybeard Affiliate affiliate

It really depends on what you are selling (risk) and the sale transaction amount and the volume. You want to get a payment processor and your own MID --but you need to be doing maybe $10K per month to make this a realistic possibility -- this is for Visa-Net for collecting credit card payments from customers.

You can use ACH (in the USA) or SEPA/EFT (in the EU) also with a very low transaction cost -- a 1 to 2 business delay on the funds' availability. Dwolla: Bank Transfers for Platforms, Payouts, and More Dwolla has a white label api payment gateway and is an aggregator of ACH payments (USA only)

PayPal business accounts are not the cheapest (or most reliable IMHO) but if your monthly volume is small -- they are a decent deal just figure that cost into the payment amount.

Or itemize; add the cost to receiving or deduct it from payments made -- transaction service fees. When selling you can always just add that % to the total selling price too. I have paid fees for credit card transactions many times ...
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018