The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Paypal help

gkd_uk

Hi

I will be setting up paypal payments on one of my sites soon. I have been able to setup a paypal button by creating it at the paypal website but currently, the only way that I will know which site has made payment is by adding an additional text box labelled 'please confirm your site url'

The visitor must type their site url before clicking Pay. The issue is, what if the user forgets to type the site url. I will receive payment but won't know which site it is for.

I know it is possible to get rid of this additional text box so the user only has to click on pay and the website url is picked up by the code within the pay button. How can I set this up?

Hope this makes sense

Any ideas on this one? :(

I know it is possible as I have seen it on lots of sites, but don't get how it works or how to set it up.

GKD, It will be useful if you tell us the application or service you are setting up the payment for.

Yes, there is an area in the admin panel for Paypal IPN

But I would like payments from my sites to go into one account. Is it true that Paypal only allows one IPN per Pay Pal account, if yes, I already have IPN setup in my paypal account for my Link Bid site.

Thanks

I think the IPN per account is true, you may have to open another paypal account for your second directory.
You are allowed 5 paypal accounts (I think)

Thanks Temi

When I am ready to take payments I could create a new Pay Pal account or stick with the technique I mentioned above but just make sure I high light where I state 'please confirm URL'

I have been able to grab hold of an example from another site so you know what I mean. See below (Sorry, it's not very clear)

Thanks

you can just add a form validation so that they will not be able to proceed if no url is entered

Good point Temi

The text box shown above is provided by Paypal as part of the code, would Paypal allow the code to be changed. Also, do you know what code I need to add to activate the form validation?

Thanks Temi, I'm sure I will be able to work it out when the time comes.

If anyone else has any ideas, please post.

MI
Back