The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Page Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
eddiecraig, you probably shouldn't spend time being concerned about your PageRank. Most people pay more attention to it than they should.

What you need to do is create the very best possible site you can and do it with your visitors in mind. If you do that everything else will take care of itself. You want traffic and you want to have a good place in the search engine results pages. Concentrating on PageRank isn't a guarantee towards those goals.

Learning search engine optimization (SEO) would also be helpful.

But to answer your question, here are some links that should answer it.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...g-seo-forum/4229-increasing-page-ranking.html

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...797-how-can-i-increase-page-rank-my-site.html

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...-time-before-you-get-decent-page-ranking.html

Here is a link to a thread which will show you how you can make searches and see for yourself that pages with lower PageRank often have better positions in the search results than pages which have a higher PageRank. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...webmasters-universe/8283-pagerank-search.html

Building PR is nothing more than building links. Just start building high quality links to your site.

to build to PR 4 on your site you will need several thousand links because of the competition. but, you need to be concerned with the links, not the PR as stated above.

to build to PR 4 on your site you will need several thousand links because of the competition. but, you need to be concerned with the links, not the PR as stated above.

You really don't need thousands of links to obtain a PR 4 - PR is not calculated by the amount of incoming links but the quality of the incoming links.

Obtain topical relevant backlinks including from, when possible that is, high PR pages and you're PR will increase.

believe me, he will need several thousand top quality links for pr 4 with his targreted phrases. They are all national level keywords and pr will be slow to build.

If he was targeting local levels, he could do it with a few hundred, but on a national level, he will need much more.

Fabric - Blinds - Lamps - Mirrors - Interior Decorating - Home Decor - Area Rugs - Comforters - Curtain Rod - Sculpture - Fur - Fabric Store is showing 33 k links in yahoo and between 9 and 14 k links for "home decore" and the quality of their links is not to shabby.

This is just one of his phrases he is targeting in his title and content. It is a long road for domination.

But for the sake of analysis, let's say he gets 5 times better links, he will still need over 2 k links minimum for PR 4 (same PR of the site analyized).

Here is a pr3 site with between 3 and 8 k links Home Decorating Ideas - Decorating Tips for Apartment - Home - Studio - Dorm - Rental Decorating Digest same keywords.

This is not an easy target for a beginner in SEO.

You could find similar resulta for the other targeted keywords in his site. they are very stout keywords.

and PR is calculated by quality and quantity of links plus onpage factors and positions of the links on the page, keywords in title and content , number of outbound links from the page linking to your site and many other factors.

It will take several thousand links to reach PR 4 the way his site is set up.

believe me, he will need several thousand top quality links for pr 4 with his targreted phrases. They are all national level keywords and pr will be slow to build.

If he was targeting local levels, he could do it with a few hundred, but on a national level, he will need much more.

Fabric - Blinds - Lamps - Mirrors - Interior Decorating - Home Decor - Area Rugs - Comforters - Curtain Rod - Sculpture - Fur - Fabric Store is showing 33 k links in yahoo and between 9 and 14 k links for "home decore" and the quality of their links is not to shabby.

It's about the quality of the backlinks and yes, naturally combined with the amount of those quality backlinks it will result in a certain PR score.

The example of interiormall.com that you brought forward shows a incorrect number.
You made a wrong Yahoo backlink search, you need to exclude the backlinks from the domain interiormall.com
Like so:
Code:
linkdomain:www.interiormall.com -site:www.interiormall.com

This will give you 2,200 backlinks as a result. Not the 33k results you provided.

But then again it's not a number race, it's a quality of topical backlinks race.

Find better links, relevant topical links and your PR will increase, and it doesn't matter if there are an x amount of competing sites.

But for the sake of analysis, let's say he gets 5 times better links, he will still need over 2 k links minimum for PR 4 (same PR of the site analyized).
How did you come up with that number?
Again it's not a number race.

Here is a pr3 site with between 3 and 8 k links Home Decorating Ideas - Decorating Tips for Apartment - Home - Studio - Dorm - Rental Decorating Digest same keywords.

This is not an easy target for a beginner in SEO.
1-10 of 1,840 for linkdomain : www . rentaldecorating . com - site : www . rentaldecorating . com

And the number of backlinks is not what's important - it's the quality thus topical relevance that is important combined with the number of those topically relevant backlinks.

And striving for a high PR is not an objective to strive for, you can have your high PR and I'll settle for #1 position ;)

I mean, you're not going to say that in order to get a better position in the results that you would need to have a better PR then the sites/pages you're up against ;)

The "Site" command is not a proper way to check backlinks the correct format for yahoo backlinks is link:cPanel?......

Here is the correct yahoo results https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.c...wm=i&bwms=p&bwmf=u&fr=yfp-t-471&fr2=seo-rd-se

linkdomain and site command does not give accurate info. this is from the yahoo main site, if you go directly to site explorer it is the correct command.

But the above link count shows Inlinks (29,420) on yahoo. this can vary from data center to data center

Linkdomain works on alltheweb and altavista. Site command only shows indexed pages. not links

And the entire internet is a numbers race. and looking at the links that this site has. over 85 % of the pages the links comes from have decorating, decore, home decor, rental decor in the title. and in the content which makes them HIGH QUALITY!

The average PR of the links pointing to the site is 2.2 . It has 1 .gov and 2 .edu links whach are real powerfull and creates authority when the gov and edu's link to you.

the diversite of IP addresses is over 98%.

The pages with the links to this site are at an outbound to inbound ratio at about 46%, so they are gaining more than losing.

64.8% of the anchortext is "Decorating" This means 10k links from quality, related and high pr sites are linking to this site with the anchor of "decorating"

This is not easy to overcome with a few hundred links from anywhere. next to impossible. they will need several thousand quality links minimum.
the sites density is at 7.7% it's prominince is at 54%. the link density is at 3.7 %. It's link prominence is at 6.5 %. No H1 and no H2 tages

"And the number of backlinks is not what's important - it's the quality thus topical relevance that is important combined with the number of those topically relevant backlinks."

The number of quality links is very important if your comp has high quality links that are anchored correctly.

And "Topical" does not make a relevent link. Having your keywords in the title and content of the linking page makes it relevent.

a link from a page with "shark" in the title and content will do your ocean site no good unless it has something more closely related to shark.

Relevence is determined by the title and content of the page the link originates from.

Is there anything else you would like to know about www . rentaldecorating . com ???

Realisticaly, they will need 3 to 4 k links if they cut the title down and get very targeted and target that one main keyword.

Now, they can get other phrases on the way up, but for these national keywords, it will be a long steady climb.

18 months min for an expert.

And as you can see, the quality of the links this site has is top quality. so you need to do as well and a little better to beat them. My analysis is correct. and you still have to account for growth of links on this site and calculate their growth rate, they are still competing also.

and i came up with these numbers with professional SEO software and the experience of SEOfor many years with major online retailers and over 300 sites to the first page of google, yahoo and msn, altavista and alltheweb for millions of phrases.

If you would like a copy of the analysis, i can email it to you or anyone that wishes to see it.

I will never tell you something that is not true, and i will never speak unless i am 100% sure of myself. My reputation and history speaks for itself and i will be more than happy to vaidate anything i say publicly.

This is alll i do, SEO and online marketing. I am not a designer, programmer or graphic designer. not an affiliate manager, just a SEO and online marketer. This is what i get paid to do everyday.

It is not a hobby and i do not speak opinions. I also do not sugarcoat anything.

Now, we have gone way off target of helping. the point is that he will need several thousand quality links to take top positions for his chosen fields and can expect a long crawl to the top. I would start with some lesser keywords to start and then grow in steps.

The "Site" command is not a proper way to check backlinks the correct format for yahoo backlinks is link:cPanel?......

Here is the correct yahoo results https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.c...wm=i&bwms=p&bwmf=u&fr=yfp-t-471&fr2=seo-rd-se

How can this be correct when those results include backlinks from the main domain?
Incoming backlinks from other sites is what we we're talking about right? :)
And who used the Site command? I didn't. I also didn't mention that was the correct format to check for Yahoo backlinks.

Code:
linkdomain:www.interiormall.com -site:www.interiormall.com

The example i used above shows you the amount of backlinks.
You're showing results that include backlinks from the domain itself as well.

You can use your own example, the one that shows you the 33k results and then from the first drop menu you select Except From This Domain
It shows you 2,600 results.

linkdomain and site command does not give accurate info. this is from the yahoo main site, if you go directly to site explorer it is the correct command.

But the above link count shows Inlinks (29,420) on yahoo. this can vary from data center to data center

See above ;)

Linkdomain works on alltheweb and altavista. Site command only shows indexed pages. not links
I didn't use the operator to show indexed pages, I'm showing you what Yahoo displays as backlinks from other sites.

And the entire internet is a numbers race. and looking at the links that this site has. over 85 % of the pages the links comes from have decorating, decore, home decor, rental decor in the title. and in the content which makes them HIGH QUALITY!

I rather have 10 incoming links from topically relevant pages then a 1000 from pages that has nothing to do with my content ;)
So in my opinion it's more then a numbers race.

The average PR of the links pointing to the site is 2.2 . It has 1 .gov and 2 .edu links whach are real powerfull and creates authority when the gov and edu's link to you.
Depends, if it's not topically relevant it's not.

64.8% of the anchortext is "Decorating" This means 10k links from quality, related and high pr sites are linking to this site with the anchor of "decorating"
How about the pages?
Are they topically relevant in any way?
An indication of a descriptive anchor text alone does not mean it's coming from a topically relevant page.

and i came up with these numbers with professional SEO software and the experience of SEOfor many years with major online retailers and over 300 sites to the first page of google, yahoo and msn, altavista and alltheweb for millions of phrases.
This does not convince me that increasing PR is based on having more incoming links then a random site you came up with or any site for that matter.

If a PR 4 site on any given topic has 1000 links it does not mean i have to get specifically more then 1000 links in order to even get the chance getting a similar or better PR.

Not sure I agree simply because A: I think your backlink search is wrong and B: i believe in the power of topically relevant backlinks and not an X amount of backlinks to increase your PR and your rankings.

Cheers,

Edwin

Last edited by a moderator:
all of your questions are answered in the post. and topicaly correct is if the targeted keywords are in the title and or content, and they are in over 80 %, you continue to beat a dead mule.

The link is directly from yahoo, and i already explained that you corrupted your results with a "site" command in it. The results are from internal and external links pointing to the site, therefore, and credited link.

"The example i used above shows you the amount of backlinks." No, it shows a mix or sample of indexed pages and links. Not the whole story.

See above for your next answer.

Quoter from your command as posted "linkdomain:Fabric - Blinds - Lamps - Mirrors - Interior Decorating - Home Decor - Area Rugs - Comforters - Curtain Rod - Sculpture - Fur - Fabric Store -site:www.interiormall.com"

Site command in it.

I also stated that you can get different results from different datacenters., but 2,200 is way off.

Another quote "I rather have 10 incoming links from topically relevant pages then a 1000 from pages that has nothing to do with my content
So in my opinion it's more then a numbers race."

I have just shown you that almost all of their links are extremely related and targeted.

Next one, another quote from you "Depends, if it's not topically relevant it's not." They are OVER 80% Topicaly correct as you state, and they are SEO Relevent.

"Bragging does not convince me that increasing PR is based on having more incoming links then a random site you came up with or any site for that matter.

If a PR 4 site on any given topic has 1000 links it does not mean i have to get specifically more then 1000 links in order to even get the chance getting a similar or better PR.

And with all due respect, i really have no idea who you are or the reputation you speak of.
You may be the utmost respected individual in the SEO industry but your opinions don't fly with me simply because A: Your backlink search is flat out wrong and B: i believe in the power of topically relevant backlinks and not an X amount of backlinks to increase your PR and your rankings.

Cheers,

Edwin"

And it was not a random site, it was a top 10 site for his targeted keywords. so again, you are assuming wrongly

My backlink search is from Yahoo, if you have a problem with it, take it up with yahoo, i also get similar results in altavista and alltheweb. Google only gives a sample of links.

So if my backlink results are wrong, then Yahoo is wrong and you are right. So, you are now smarter than the engineers of Yahoo. Congratulations!

And again, the links are topicaly related. Please try to understand the basics.

Your opinion and my opinion does not count. the search engines are what counts. and the search engines are where i get my information.

there is no guesswork involved and it is not a matter of opinion. it is a matter of the information avalible to do a solid analysis.

nothing more.

The link is directly from yahoo, and i already explained that you corrupted your results with a "site" command in it. The results are from internal and external links pointing to the site, therefore, and credited link.
The -site command in the query is to produce the backlinks from pages outside of your main domain.
Checking unique backlinks through Yahoo is to be done like that - if you think that finding out how many backlinks a domain or page has includes backlinks from your own site then you're confused Jim ;)

I also stated that you can get different results from different datacenters., but 2,200 is way off.
That is what you get if you do a correct backlink search.

Next one, another quote from you "Depends, if it's not topically relevant it's not." They are OVER 80% Topicaly correct as you state, and they are SEO Relevent.
Like i said if a .edu or .gov backlink comes from a topical relevant page then you have a strong backlink - otherwise it doesn't mean anything.
Eighty percent you mentioned did not indicate those two links are topically relevant.

My backlink search is from Yahoo, if you have a problem with it, take it up with yahoo, i also get similar results in altavista and alltheweb. Google only gives a sample of links.

So if my backlink results are wrong, then Yahoo is wrong and you are right. So, you are now smarter than the engineers of Yahoo. Congratulations!

And again, the links are topicaly related. Please try to understand the basics.

I don't have a problem with Yahoo, they show me no incorrect results.
It's not i have a problem with you but your way of displaying backlinks is incorrect.

You are displaying links from the main domain as well, that does not count as unique backlinks.
I understand the basics just fine Jim ;)

Here are some basics for you.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back