The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Page 2 on SERP, you can forget it

temi

affiliate
I know that if you are not on the top pages of page one in SERPs, you don't stand a chance of getting decent traffic but I did not know your chances of getting a click if you are listed on page 2 on SERP is 1% , that is much worst than I though before.

It hasn't always been this way Temi. The reason for the really sharp drop now is that the SERP's are so much better. You can pretty much find exactly what you are looking for on page 1

Visitors only tend to view top page of SERP for some reason, mainly they think that the site that are listed in the top page can give the informations they are seeking for, and other pages cannot.

On Google with 3 paid ads above (Highly relevant) more at the side as you glance left to right, being on page 2 is now a killer. In many cases there are now 21 sites on the first page
10 organic
3 above paid
8 side paid

Why should anyone go onto page 2?

Plus the Google Local listings with the companies next to the map.

So add them on too and you have everything you need on P1.

KP

My understanding from Google statements is that 1:7 searches result in a paid click, 6:7 result in organic clicks. This is 86% of searches on google resulting in organic clicks.

I always said that for many key phrases ranking on the first two positions of the second page (11,12) may bring more traffic than ranking on the last three positions from the first page (8,9,10)

I've had a bit of discussion on some other forums and a guy came with a couple of nice charts proving that I was actually right (as usually :p )

Does #1 Ranking Actually Mater? - Page 2

MI
Back