The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Overcoming "Niche Anxiety"

solace

affiliate
Hi all,

So I'm having this problem with selecting a niche. I'm ready to start pumping out content, implement SEO and building what I hope to be a great, profitable website. But for some reason I can't get past this initial doubt and get started.

I've bought so many random domains and installed Wordpress so many times, but that seems to be as far as I ever get. The same thoughts always come to my head:
  • Does anyone even care about this niche?
  • Am I going to waste the next few years of my life writing about this?
  • There's way too much competition here. No point trying.
Or some variation of this. I'm sure many of you have thought the same kind of thing before, so do you just get on with it and hope for the best?

I've tried choosing things I'm passionate about, but get doubts about traffic and potential for selling to that crowd. I've tried selecting a small portion of a big market, and then just decide it's 'not quite right' for some reason.

I really just want to get started. But I want to have confidence in my niche, because I know how important it is.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Maybe it happens for a reason, starting from scratch with SEO isn't easy these days. But if that's what you definitely want to go for, then use tools to help you decide such as:

Keyword difficulty: KWFinder - Keyword research and analysis tool
Keyword Search Volume: Google AdWords

There's more for sure, this is off the top of my head.

What do you want to achieve? SEO is a long process.
Why not try something like Native Abitrage.. well this depends on what you want to do so I'll see your response and maybe suggest other stuff :D

Thanks for replying NeverGiveUp. I've read some of your journeys, they are a blast!

The reason I want to do SEO with a niche site is because I don't have a lot of disposable income. I work full-time but I have a house and a family to look after. So, I'm generally averse to big financial risks. I've tried sweepstakes with popads before as the investment is low but it didn't work out too well.

If you have any other ideas that don't require too much initial investment (at least until it's time to scale) then I'm all ears. Of course I know you have to lose a bit of money in the testing phase, I just can't afford to lose much :D

Thanks for replying NeverGiveUp. I've read some of your journeys, they are a blast!

The reason I want to do SEO with a niche site is because I don't have a lot of disposable income. I work full-time but I have a house and a family to look after. So, I'm generally averse to big financial risks. I've tried sweepstakes with popads before as the investment is low but it didn't work out too well.

If you have any other ideas that don't require too much initial investment (at least until it's time to scale) then I'm all ears. Of course I know you have to lose a bit of money in the testing phase, I just can't afford to lose much :D

Your welcome and thankyou :D

Yeah I understand, there are still ways out there to get free traffic. It's just finding the source which is the goldmine. How do you plan on increasing your SERPs?

Don't be that guy who never starts anything because of overthinking or not taking action :D

Your welcome and thankyou :D

Yeah I understand, there are still ways out there to get free traffic. It's just finding the source which is the goldmine. How do you plan on increasing your SERPs?

Don't be that guy who never starts anything because of overthinking or not taking action :D

I'm planning to target long-tail and low competition keywords with high quality content. I want my niche to be very visual so I can take full advantage of sources like Pinterest and Instagram (maybe even reddit). I'm thinking maybe a section of the interior design niche right now.

If I had the guts to get my face on a camera for youtube I feel like that could be a great source as well while I work my way up the SERPs. I guess it's difficult though if you don't buy the products to review on there.

P.S. I have already been that guy for a few years now and I'm tired of it! Sick of making excuses when I should just be hustling!!

I'm planning to target long-tail and low competition keywords with high quality content. I want my niche to be very visual so I can take full advantage of sources like Pinterest and Instagram (maybe even reddit). I'm thinking maybe a section of the interior design niche right now.

If I had the guts to get my face on a camera for youtube I feel like that could be a great source as well while I work my way up the SERPs. I guess it's difficult though if you don't buy the products to review on there.

P.S. I have already been that guy for a few years now and I'm tired of it! Sick of making excuses when I should just be hustling!!

Go with your gut man, whatever you feel is best. Just make sure whatever you choose to do - you research fully, but starting something will start your progress, if you fail - you learn but you are always progressing either way.

Google Trends

Google trends might give you some insights -- I use it a lot.
The keyword of the niche + related word(s) and see if the return is better than 50 and increasing over time.
This is just an estimation but it may be less biased that AdWords whose intention is to get you to spend more advertising.

banners
Back