The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Old Instagram accounts, worth growing? IG experts please help

hiimjohn

affiliate
I have this old 20k IG account that I grew few years ago 2016-2017 by follow/unfollow method + buying shout outs on IG. I think 40-50% of the followers are from follow/unfollow method.

Average engagement is 4% but I dont know how accurate that is because I havent posted for a long time.

I heard IG algorithm doesn't like these type of accounts (follow/unfollow type accounts) and they earn a bad rep and limits the amount of reach plus its been inactive for a long time so that may add some extra rep to the algorithm

I wanna know if its worth growing an account like this if i start clean right now and start posting daily. Will i be limited forever? Should i just start a brand new account instead If i want to make a better quality account?

Should i just start a brand new account instead If i want to make a better quality account?

Yes, take the time to grow it correctly. Give it the recommended best practices. IG is highly competitive, but worth the effort in the end. Especially for branding.

I have this old 20k IG account that I grew few years ago 2016-2017 by follow/unfollow method + buying shout outs on IG. I think 40-50% of the followers are from follow/unfollow method.

Average engagement is 4% but I dont know how accurate that is because I havent posted for a long time.

I heard IG algorithm doesn't like these type of accounts (follow/unfollow type accounts) and they earn a bad rep and limits the amount of reach plus its been inactive for a long time so that may add some extra rep to the algorithm

I wanna know if its worth growing an account like this if i start clean right now and start posting daily. Will i be limited forever? Should i just start a brand new account instead If i want to make a better quality account?
I will go with a start clean, do best practices to grow it organically. You can monitor the performance and adjust your strategy accordingly.

banners
Back