The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Of Course You Learn From Failures, But...

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
Many people, including me, are proponents of taking action, not indulging yourself with information overload and paralyzing your chances for success as an affiliate.

Instead, you take massive action, which means you will fail at times, so learn from those failures and move forward.

But...

You cannot, in fact should never forget to also learn from your successes. These are the things you should do "more of", duplicate, and improve on to reach success even faster.

Beats reading 100 pages of the latest fluffy ebook IMO. :D

Yes, always learn from everything you do! Failure can be a great motivator but when you have success, you can learn patterns and really take it to a whole nutha level!

"She knows there's no success like failure
and that failure's no success at all."

Bob Dylan
Love Minus Zero/No Limit

Great post Joseph, and couldn't agree more.

The best form of training I've always been taught is called "hands on experience". The only true way to learn is through failure, and through success, not just one or the other!

Plus, failing and succeeding helps breed your natural intuition as an affiliate marketer too, and gives you great confidence for your future projects.

I learned about affiliate marketing back in 1999 when a friend wandered into my home office and said "let me show you what I am doing". It was the first time I had saw an affiliate based website.

I asked him if "...he would mind showing me how to do the same?" He did.

It was a great way to get started. He would tell me what to do and I would simply do it. When I got stuck or concerned if I was doing things correctly I could simply pick up the phone and give him a call.

It took 6 months of back and forth until I hit my first $5000 per month. I have never looked back and give credit to having a friend handy to keep me on track. I could have never done it that quickly if I had to find my way on my own. Actually I don't think I would have made it at all without his advice.

It also helped me skip over some of the failures. Not all though and I have the bruises to prove it. :)

The affiliate marketing landscape is full of land minds. I agree the best way to learn is by doing, but if you have a friend or someone you trust who is already successful, you can dramatically shorten your learning curve, see success much quicker and avoid a few land minds along the way.

One thing I learned since I started online and that is when you fail you feel lost, confused and it seems that your not going in the right direction..
...especially in this moments you have to take a break, talk to someone who already done what your doing, think at your goal and start again!

Failures are just some "steps" that you have to take in order to achieve success

Geetings everyone,

I have found that traveling on the internet marketing road to success is much like any other journey that you take in life. You can choose to take the journey alone : - (

And try to figure it out on your own, or you can avoid many of the unnecessary pitfalls by learning from someone else who has been there and done that : - )

When you have good guidance now only is the trip alot easier but it can also be alot faster for you as well. ; - )

banners
Back