PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
Remember the old days??
nostalgia-hits-hard-71998975.png
What is the oldest thing you can remember???
For me it's Windowns XP, we're kinda same age (Me and WIndows XP)

Windows XP start up sound !!!

I miss these games

windows_xp_games.jpg

Who remembers the 'Movie Maker'?

X1HBMDkP-wmm-2-6-s-.jpg

Or Audacity?
audacity_screenshot.jpg

And those old Laptops.. it was a sign of being rich to have such Laptop

1200px-Dell_Inspiron_1300.jpg

Do you remember ''Internet explorer'' ??

IE-8.0.png
Screenshot - 18_02_2022 , 12_00_22.png

Okay, share the oldest thing you can remember

- Samira

Remember the old days??
View attachment 23408
What is the oldest thing you can remember???
For me it's Windowns XP, we're kinda same age (Me and WIndows XP)

Windows XP start up sound !!!

I miss these games

View attachment 23402

Who remembers the 'Movie Maker'?

View attachment 23403

Or Audacity?
View attachment 23407

And those old Laptops.. it was a sign of being rich to have such Laptop

View attachment 23404

Do you remember ''Internet explorer'' ??

View attachment 23406View attachment 23405

Okay, share the oldest thing you can remember

- Samira

What about the old game:

Virtual cop
GTA vice city
Metal slug
Crying FaceCrying FaceCrying Face

Old golden days

I worked for MCI in 1978 --that turned out well :rolleyes:
:rofl

They had a long run for a while and definitely were in on the ground floor of everything internet when it was still ARPANET and then the internet. They then started struggling when competitors hit the ground running with newer technologies and kept trying to make comebacks well into the 90's, then WorldCom came along.

No offense guys, but internet was invented back to that time???

January 1, 1983 is considered the official birthday of the Internet.

Internet history starts in 1962 with an MIT computer scientist who later goes on to publish a plan for the ARPANET, an ARPA-funded computer network that becomes a reality in 1969. The military was the first to dive deep into its use and then universities were next until 1983 when it was all turned over to public use by a select field of access providers and registrars.

Internet history starts in 1962 with an MIT computer scientist who later goes on to publish a plan for the ARPANET, an ARPA-funded computer network that becomes a reality in 1969. The military was the first to dive deep into its use and then universities were next until 1983 when it was all turned over to public use by a select field of access providers and registrars.
It's ancient than what I thought, I thought it was invented in 90s and maybe was accessible to public in around 2000 ..

- Samira

thanks for sharing this information :)

I would say that Windows XP is most alive in my memory as well, as when it was popular, I was old enough to use it and test some things there, although there were other operating systems as well earlier, I didn't use them that often. The most interesting thing for me when it comes to this topic is remembering the internet in the early days, when connections were so slow and when you had to download one song for the entire day. Don't know how we would survive if something like that happened again.:rofl

Computer time begins at the UNIX epoch
The Unix epoch is 00:00:00 UTC on 1 January 1970 (an arbitrary date).
The BSD Berkely Software Distribution (various UNIX flavors) at the UC Berkley
was the freeware result of the ATT sponsored UNIX research project.
That is the granddaddy of all operating systems.

One of the few regrets of my life is that my Dad didn't move the family to the Bay area (San Fran -- Oakland -- UC Berkely) 1962 like he wanted to --things might have turned out very different for me --oh well --C'est la vie

My heart felt tight, for some reason everything was different then, now it does not have the same feelings as it was then, and the saddest thing is that those days are no longer return

The most interesting thing for me when it comes to this topic is remembering the internet in the early days, when connections were so slow and when you had to download one song for the entire day. Don't know how we would survive if something like that happened again.:rofl
Yeah :rofl What about Cyber cafes? I remember going there about once a week to download games and good quality movies since the internet at home was super slow ..

- Samira

banners
Back