The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

NO Sponsored content on Facebook!

If you do not have a verified Page with a blue badge, you cannot post sponsored content advertising someone else’s products or services. What you can do is post branded content advertising your own business featuring your own logo.

For non-verified Pages, you cannot post: affiliate links, ad images, links to info about anyone else’s products or services.

This seems like advertising strategies need to evolve as traffic sources do. Maybe there is a way you create your own brand promoting products you don't own. Cloaking will do.

No Sponsored Content on Facebook Unless You Have a Verified Page - Search Engine Journal

Who saw this?

How will it effect affiliates?

How will it effect your business?

Discuss...

I've seen it discussed over the past couple of months.

It will certainly have an impact on affiliates, but those of us that are incorporated can certainly create verified pages for our "Media Companies". I will put this to the test and see if this gets a verification from FB. If it does, then that should lay the path for promotions. Of course, it allows the a person, product, or business that is tagged to see your insights and stats. I'm not certain that's a negative or not.

Something to keep in mind, it may result in a boon, at least temporarily, for those of us that can get our pages verified.

Let's face it, there has been a long running battle between FB and affiliates and they have been seeking a means to get the abusers under control. It's resulted in restrictions that affect the those of us that haven't sought to find the workarounds and hacks to use their platform.

I think this is something to keep a close eye on over the coming months.

Just finished reading. It said I cannot promote anything or any affiliate thing via Facebook. What if I collect leads and redirect to the affiliate offers? Have anyone found any issue about that?

Okay, wow. Sounds like a huge segment of FB users are going to have to find a different way of using this platform. Or, of course, present a professional front and get verified.

I think it's really unfortunate that system abuse has so vilified affiliates.

Reminds me of that old saying about one bad apple...

You know, tee shirts should be okay, shopify stores, and our own brands.

For FB to give up the affiliate market tells me it was not a big part of their revenue.

For FB to give up the affiliate market tells me it was not a big part of their revenue.

That surprises me a little. I would have thought it was a reasonably large source of revenue. From various things I've read, I thought that a lot of people were using their paid ads.

Then again, a lot of people use it as a free source of traffic, too.

Having sponsored content on facebook personally will say is very important. The reason is because you will be able to get the content across millions of users across the globe. It therefore means that you can be able to use the content to generate leads and traffic to the target location. It is something that you need to have a look at guys.

Having sponsored content on facebook personally will say is very important. The reason is because you will be able to get the content across millions of users across the globe. It therefore means that you can be able to use the content to generate leads and traffic to the target location. It is something that you need to have a look at guys.

As long as you are using a verified account now.

Edit - Sorry, verified page.

How do I verify my Page?
Right now, we're not accepting requests for the gray verification badge in your region.

So, in accordance with this facebook doesnt accept advertising on their platform if you are from specific region (country)?

How do I verify my Page?
Right now, we're not accepting requests for the gray verification badge in your region.

So, in accordance with this facebook doesnt accept advertising on their platform if you are from specific region (country)?

That's what it sounds like.

How do I verify my Page?

You can advertise on FB. All of us can. However, we cannot have affiliate links in our ads or pages. We can only have ads that are non-affiliate related. We must create a different style of funnel in order to achieve our goals.

For content marketers, this is the way we have always done it. Take a look at what a proper content marketing funnel may be that sends people to our pages and then on to our sites. This can be modified in a fashion to accommodate an affiliate funnel I think.

As for the grey and blue badges. I don't see them as available to a typical marketer. One must have a properly incorporated media company in order to qualify for the blue badge, which is what is needed to have affiliate links in ads and on pages the way I interpret the new rules. A grey badge will not facilitate this.

OK, that is a relief. FB is main source of traffic for me. and one week ago I placed a new campaign there and waited for 2-3 days to be approved. then I canceled it. Previously my ads were approved in a matter of minutes.

So, no affiliate banner in sidebar? That is too ridiculous. Most people are blogging, running sites to monetize them. I will avoid FB ads for a while. Hopefully they will change their mind as pinterest did.

I don't get it, does this mean we can't use Facebook advertising platform as affiliates? I wanted to start with Facebook ads using my own landing page. Will this still work?

I don't get it, does this mean we can't use Facebook advertising platform as affiliates? I wanted to start with Facebook ads using my own landing page. Will this still work?

You have to build a sales funnel. You can no longer have affiliate links in your ads. You have to have your ad go to an FB page and from the FB page to your landing page and from your lander to your offer.

MI
Back