The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Niches

Lumbros

Any advice on picking an optimal niche for a beginner? It's my current sticking point.

I know I want to target women, they make up the bulk of buyers online, but anything that targets women AND men is fine. I know I want to target mobile. And, I know I want to target long-term, building a list and customer base and keeping people happy so they return for more.

I've just finished reading the wiki and updating my plan of action checklist.

Any advice on picking an optimal niche for a beginner? It's my current sticking point.

I know I want to target women, they make up the bulk of buyers online, but anything that targets women AND men is fine. I know I want to target mobile. And, I know I want to target long-term, building a list and customer base and keeping people happy so they return for more.

hey buddy, do you have any idea on what you are intending to work with? i could advise you to work with Cpa offers, or POP offers, look around these ones, and feel free if you have any troubles

hey buddy, do you have any idea on what you are intending to work with? i could advise you to work with Cpa offers, or POP offers, look around these ones, and feel free if you have any troubles

Yes, I plan on doing CPA. What do you mean by "intending to work with," I'm unsure of the context of this question.

Maybe search some item keywords with Google Trends -- select something trending upward the past year in selected markets

Already started that a week or so ago. I have some ideas in mind, but I'm still not sure about them, so I'm doing more research. I want something that's gaining momentum or will always be around. Looks like the mainstream niches like health and making money online and dating are the 3 big boys, some niches in those niches look promising but are still too early to tell, like nootropics.

The easiest thing to sell is what people want to buy. Figuring that out is trial and error (the product to offer) but the categories are not that hard to find. I prefer to work with an undeserved (or neglected) market segment. The segment may be smaller but not so competitive. I am interested in the Solar energy PV installed array and DYI parts market. Big ticket items ...

I was also initially interested in high ticket items, but I thought about it and it seemed to me, the more money involved the more likely someone is going to purchase something in person and not necessarily online. Unless it's an info product like Frank Kern's products or something like that. It's a hard choice between quality and quantity, less sales but bigger payout and more sales smaller payout, etc. I don't have enough experience as a seller to know much about the intricacies of this. I only have my point of view as a buyer.

I buy things all the time in the $50 -$100 range online without a second thought -- if I trust the seller

Maybe that is a better price range. You need to offer a value to the buyer.

Hmm.. yes.. something to think about. I thought you meant high ticket as in thousands not 100s. I personally consider anything under 1k as low price, even if I don't have the money for it at the time, even the poorest people in first world conditions can afford 1k if they are smart with their money.

No. I am targeting a $2,000 (DIY parts) to $35K (full installation) with the full installation sold by a local contractor -- so there is person-to-person conducting of business in the end. The smaller purchases would be online (DIY parts). In fact, I am working up a solar improvement loan package for banks too ...

Nice. Solar is definitely a good niche. When I lived in hawaii it was just now starting to take off, but lots of popup companies there were scams or shut down because the local energy company didn't want competition. Interesting field. I'm guessing you're targeting certain exact zip codes even then? (kinda like you can do with google adwords)

Sounds lucrative. I'll have to look into solar as well.

Which brings me to a question, probably a newbie question, but.. how do you know if something is a good offer or not? Only through testing, or there's some metrics somewhere you can study, or ?

Not sure, that's why I joined this forum. I thought about getting a mentor, but I don't know who I'd choose or if they would be accepting students.
Try to focus on verticals like Sweepstakes, antivirus, and read more about handling a campaign running one of those one, they are really accessible for newbies, and don't involve big money to start with. Then if you have any question, feel free to ask around here, and let the experimented one to provide you some help. Also, you can try to build your knowledge on some tools that could be helpful for you to handle a good campaign, like Spy-tools as Admobispy, and trackers like Voluum, ads-bridge. Hope this could be helpful, good luck!

Finding a niche is always tough. Just remember that you need to really like the product or service you choose. If you're only choosing something for the sake of selling it, you'll find that it become's a "job" after a while and you won't enjoy the daily work you have to put into it. Think of a passion of yours. I'm sure it's someone else's passion too!

Go with health/beauty/adult products on COD conversion scheme. Very effective in Asia now.

Hi @Lumbros,
Can you give more clarification on your expectation which make easy to get solution.

Hi @Lumbros,
Can you give more clarification on your expectation which make easy to get solution.

I want to do CPA. I don't have expectations, but I have goals, the first being:

JAN - Make 1k+
FEB - Make 5k+
MAR - Make 10k+

30 Days - Make 1k+ per month
6 Months - Make 100k+ per month
1 Year - Make 1m+ per month

My plan is to do one vertical for 3 months until I almost automate it, maybe even building a team along the way to manage it. At 3 months, I want to add another Vertical, and another at 6mo, 9mo, and 1yr. (Multiple streams of income) So at end of year I should have 4 at least, each making money, hopefully enough to make 100-500k per year, but optimally 1m+ per month.

I want to do CPA. I don't have expectations, but I have goals, the first being:

JAN - Make 1k+
FEB - Make 5k+
MAR - Make 10k+

30 Days - Make 1k+ per month
6 Months - Make 100k+ per month
1 Year - Make 1m+ per month

My plan is to do one vertical for 3 months until I almost automate it, maybe even building a team along the way to manage it. At 3 months, I want to add another Vertical, and another at 6mo, 9mo, and 1yr. (Multiple streams of income) So at end of year I should have 4 at least, each making money, hopefully enough to make 100-500k per year, but optimally 1m+ per month.
Hi @Lumbros,
As you have made plan, then you have selected your verticals and budget for investment, That works for you.

Still selecting Verticals. But, I know I want to focus on CPA, CPS probably less reliable and consistent?

I do have my budget worked out though. And, I have a checklist I'm starting on the first, whether or not I've chosen my verticals..

MI
Back