The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Niche or variety of topics?

T1GERW00DS

affiliate
Hi, I'm looking to create an affiliate website and I've seen many different types that seem to have success. My question: is it better to have a niche website that has a domain on that niche (such as lawnmowercentraldotcom) and only content related to the niche (how to, best of, etc) or is it better to create a general domain/site (productreviewsdotcom) and write about a wide variety of topics or niches where u see opportunity? pros and cons of each strategy? thanks

There isn't a right or wrong here, nor a better vs. worse choice. For a first site I always recommend a niche site. It's easier to target the content on keywords and practice things like picking merchants and adding links. It's a great way to learn and practice. Then after that site is a success you can decide what you want to do next - create another niche site or switch to a broader topic site.

Depends on how you plan to obtain traffic;
  • With paid ads any blog page is really a landing page and part of a funnel
    --so overall content specificity would not matter.
  • For SEO/search a narrow range of related content would be important.

Hi, I'm looking to create an affiliate website and I've seen many different types that seem to have success. My question: is it better to have a niche website that has a domain on that niche (such as lawnmowercentraldotcom) and only content related to the niche (how to, best of, etc) or is it better to create a general domain/site (productreviewsdotcom) and write about a wide variety of topics or niches where u see opportunity? pros and cons of each strategy? thanks
Both of them are correct, but I think it will narrow down the topics and content if you are choosing a niche-specific domain.
If I were in your position, I would select the general domain.

I believe you'd better choose the one niche and start creating content around this niche. It will make your idea more unique rather than you will create content around several niches and will write around several topic actually. I believet that all people who once have decided to create something, they have to create something unique. Who knows, maybe the niche which you will choose turn into a hype and will be in a great demand in society. Speaking about the second option, it will be kinda difficult I guess to write about several niches/topics because you won't be able to dive into all the topics.

MI
Back