The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbies - Follow your Passion - Money will Follow!

Hi mwong,
Agree in what you said. That's why i quit my routine job and venture into internet marketing. Though i don't see the result now, but i believe with enough passion, i'll be good in it.

Hi sidallan,

Wow, you are so brave.

Passion & trust are really important in this industry. They are your supports especially there is nothing from your hard work. But as long as you work hard, study the stickies here and never give up, you will achieve what you dream very soon.

Indeed mwong,

I believe what goes around comes around. One needs not only passion, but hard work and determination to be successful in whatever he/she endeavors. For me right now, is internet marketing. ;)

downside

ok I tried it,followed my passion.

Love weekends Mrs mac myself and the wee macs (not so wee now) love to have a small gathering o friends round, break open a few bottles o malt (ok more than a few ) sing loads of songs that we canny remember half the words to, tell stories of adventures past and try and impress the lassies with oor tales of manhood.
So I took my time did weeks of research then sat doon and tried to put it all together, ...yep yer right I could not remember nowt (nothing)
So I thought I know I will talk about Scottish folk music, so we had another gathering, round came the freinds with all the songs and a few drams to get us in the mood.and after weeks o research sat doon and tried to put it together and begger me ............nowt!
Ok not to be deter,....detere.....put off, I decided to have one more go, this time keep it sensable so I went for , what makes the perfect dram.....round came the och you know what I mean, then once again nowt!
Now im not sure what happens to all my research some might say that the whisky playes a part, not me I know what it is but keep it tae yerself............

The English they stole it.!!

Follow your passion

I wanted to share this anonymous quote because it's so fitting to this thread. "If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life". When you follow your passion, that pretty much guarantees you're going to enjoy your work.

:D

Wiskey Dude

Hey wiskeymac...I can tell you from my own personal experience that no matter how much research you do, if you are drinking on a regular basis,(every day or night) you will have a hard time recalling things. It is a sad truth for those of us that love the hooch :D
I have had to put it down for the same reasons that you described :(
Give it a try with a clear mind and things will start to fall into place. ;) at least it did for me :eek:
Good luck my friend. :)

I agree to a large extent. To become the richest, you must be the best in your field and provide the best value for your consumers.

To be the best, you must walk, eat, sleep your dream. To do it you need to do it with a passion, then discipline will be automatic.

Cheers!
Kevin Tian

I'm following my passion... WOMEN!
However the sites I have created aren't converting too well yet (despite many of them being front page in the organic results for yahoo, alta vista, msn searches). I guess I need to get Google liking the sites a bit more. I should probably select a better niche than celebrities, it may be poor in terms of money.

I'm following my passion... WOMEN!
However the sites I have created aren't converting too well yet (despite many of them being front page in the organic results for yahoo, alta vista, msn searches). I guess I need to get Google liking the sites a bit more. I should probably select a better niche than celebrities, it may be poor in terms of money.

Sounds like you have lots o passion for the topic. :D

Celebrity and entertainment sites are notorious for being hard to monetize. People come for fun not to buy stuff. They can attract lots of traffic but it's usually really hard to convert.

Search for your passion and follow it. Being in love with job I think is the most important factor that affects your your output or your production. If you don't love your job then better quit. Yes, i believe also the determination, discipline and time are the most important factors that we should consider.

Timely and Appropriate

Thanks Linda for the insight.
I've been feeling like some of my products / methods were not "me". I am a newbie and have not made a sale yet but am continuously researching new stuff. I am finding the whole world of internet marketing fascinating to the point of dreaming about it. I actually love going to work (in my home office) and I'm sure will love it more when I start having some monetary success. Anyway, thanks for all the great info and advice. By the way, what happened to the site review section? - I can't seem to find it.
Thanks Linda and All,
Sincerely,
Mike King

It should be mentioned that while all passions aren't marketable, aspects of what made you passionate about something could be. For example, someone might like baseball because it engages within them a number of passions (statistical analysis, athletics, sports writing, physics etc.) Basically, although you may have a passion that isn't necessarily something you can make money off of, really think about that passion and maybe there are aspects within it that could drive you towards a more marketable niche.

It should be mentioned that while all passions aren't marketable, aspects of what made you passionate about something could be. For example, someone might like baseball because it engages within them a number of passions (statistical analysis, athletics, sports writing, physics etc.) Basically, although you may have a passion that isn't necessarily something you can make money off of, really think about that passion and maybe there are aspects within it that could drive you towards a more marketable niche.

This is well said. Sometimes you have to figure out what aspect of a niche is attractive to you, and use that to help you break into other niches that are different, but share similar qualities. Most importantly though, stay dedicated! Even if you are dedicated to a small niche, it can grow over time with hard work.

At the moment my mind is coming up with so many ideas how to make money. I haven't actually made any money out of them yet. Just starting things. I'm getting my sister to make jewelery with pearls and sterling silver but from the look of it I don't think I'll make too much money.

What is Passion?

Passion is our ability to feel to grasp onto whats real. The reason why people do so well when their passionate about something, is because they get addicted to that feeling of bliz. Thats how you know your on the right track to success. The beautiful thing about that, is you can fuel one passion into another direction. As long as it co mingles with what your doing in some shape or form. It can turn your whole life around in all areas of your life...

Passion resides from solar Plexus as feeling, and rises up to your heart to send the message out to the Universe to show you the fruit of your labors return 10 fold...

What a great subject...

Thanks for the opp to talk about it...

Well I have the feeling in my solar plexus and it's rising and rising over and over again but the fruit of my labout returning 10 fold hasen't happened yet! But I'll be an extremely happy chappy if it does.

Aint this the truth. I'm working with an ecommerce coach (ecommerce is not really my thing I'm discovering). We built a website and submitted it to directory. Luckily I'm just dealing with affiliate links. Not in the mood to find any suppliers. The niche I picked was not as inspiring as I thought it would be. I did not feel enthused about working on that website in any way, shape or form. My other website I'm excited about. I've put more work into that.

If you like something, you'll find ways to coddle it and make it better. You don't like it then it feels like unwanted homework.

Perfect, very nice and makes too much sense... its only passion that drives you to higher success... and along with comes the dedication to the work that you are doing.. it not only applies to internet marketing but to all phases of life.... good luck to all... keep up the passion.

banners
Back