The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbies - Follow your Passion - Money will Follow!

Oh Donn, those are some really good, yet heavy thoughts.

"What if your passion is so near the heart, that you feel guilty making money off of it"

I've thought of some niches like that for me. I used to be a counselor for battered women and abused children. One of the most rewarding, yet heart breaking things I've ever done. I've thought about doing a site for battered women, but can't think of a way to monetize it and in that particular case would not feel right doing it for the money. Would only do it for altruistic reasons.

There are geneaology affiliate programs you know! Not saying you'd make a ton, but if you can have fun, build a site around something you love and make some money too, well it just doesn't get much better than that!

"What if your passion is so near the heart, that you feel guilty making money off of it"

I don't think you should feel guilty, especially if you're providing help, assistance, leadership or something else that falls in the "Positive" category. A lot of people earn money following a passion -- if, in the end, all good comes out of it for everyone, there is nothing to feel guilty about.

On the other hand, if your passion is getting cheap thrills watching your bank account grow off of some under-handed scam tactic rip-off, then by all means, feel guilty because if you don't, you've sold your soul! :eek:

I've become addicted to this business in only two months! I dream about it at night, so I know that I can't give up on it, because I am just way too excited about all this learning going on. I love becoming educated!

Thanks,
Kate

Follow the market, the money will follow

Thanks for a great post. However i think that you have got to make sure that your passion has a hungry market. Or you will make exactly zero pounds.

The crux of affiliate marketing is to find a market that is hungry for a product and then market that product to them.

It is building a website and successfully making a great income from it that will fuel your passion

Linda,
I noticed this post was started back in April 2007. And it still holds true today. If this has not been made into a sticky, I believe it should be.

I believe some beginner's do have their hopes centered around making lots of money within a few months to quit their full time job (as many of the GRQ schemes lead you to believe), so they just decide to start any type of affiliate business, not realizing that if it is not your PASSION, then it will fade all to fast.

And so you have two choices: 1. Quit or 2. Sit back and really take a look at what is you passion? And start again!

Jumar

Follow Your Dream

You should always follow your dream, but if you find yourself stuck in a position where you just feel stuck, don't fret. It happens to many of us. Brian Tracey calls it golden handcuffs. You make so much income, you cannot afford to quit. It's still all in your state of mind. The Great Jim Rohn says it the best when he states, "Your job will earn you a living, but building your business will earn you a fortune." Take the time to build your business right. Don't cut corners and make sure you build the foundation properly. If you do this there is no limit to the heigth you can build your skyscraper of a life.

Passions

I have a passion for exploring new jobs, skills and such. So my passions are short lived.

I wanted to create a website about frugal living because I have a knack for re-purposing things instead of throwing them away. Started the site to compile loads of information but compiling bores me.

I learn something new, learn to make money at it, get bored, then move on to something new.

How can I capitalize on that?

Hi William W,

Welcome to 5 star.

Hmmm... well if you get bored easy and want to jump from one thing to another, what would be good is if you could jump around in related areas. For instance if you built a health site (just an example, maybe not one you're interested in). Then you could work on an arthritis section til you got bored with that, then go off and start working on diabetes until you get bored with that. But the overall niche - health - makes everything related so you can switch gears but still stay focused on building up the one site.

You have made a very good point. I myself have built sites for people, made graphics and sold many affiliate products. The key ingredient that just made me stop was 'lacking passion'. As a music player I have always had a passion for music and now I can see how I can take that passion and use it to make me money! Thankyou for helping me realise this!:D

Perhaps now I will be able to stick to something for a little longer than skipping from one highway to the next!

I have a passion for drawing, animating and gaming. I was thinking of making my very own website on all that but I don't see how I can make any money out of that if I fuse it with affiliate marketing somehow...

Of course you can Shoukei.

You can try to look for company or institution that offer courses or lessons on drawing, animating and gaming. See if they offer affiliate program or not.

Thanks Linda, i'm new and i am struggling but i'm being patient. Those words are so true and i've been stuck in a job i don't like for 10 years. But my parents and alot of people say it doesn't matter what you do as long as you have good benefits and you'll always have a job. What a crock. Those words lit a fire under me. Thanks, Kevin.

Wow kpm2319,

You can stay so long for a job you don't like.

Sometimes what others say might not be true afterall. We need to go for something we think is right for us.

Cheers. :D

Thanks...

Thanks again for all of your great advise!!:D
I have been doing a LOT of thinking about what I know about and like to do....as far as a niche...I just need to keep searching I guess.:confused:
I have gone threw a lot of life changes in the past 3-4 years. I was wondering if it would be an idea to "talk" about what has happened to myself and my wife.
We are both cancer survivors and have a lot of experience with treatments and procedures. I know that at times I felt lost and scared.
It just seems like after all of that, it is always fresh on my mind (the experience) I am passionate about it...
How could I help others get threw this...
I am not wanting to take anyones money, just a way to incorperate what I know about and at the same time, help others.
Before I got sick I was a welder/fabricator 18 years. Not sure what to do...maybe instead, something to do with welding...but the passion isn't there about that subject....
Any advise???:eek:

"We are both cancer survivors and have a lot of experience with treatments and procedures. I know that at times I felt lost and scared.
It just seems like after all of that, it is always fresh on my mind (the experience) I am passionate about it...
How could I help others get threw this...
I am not wanting to take anyones money, just a way to incorperate what I know about and at the same time, help others."

Blogging about or writing articles about health issues is a really good idea. Many times we are very passionate and knowledgeable about the disease and things we've learned that could help others.

Cancer is a pretty competitive topic and if you aren't trying to monetize the info, I'm not sure a blog (which is what most would recommend) would get seen by enough people.

If you just want to help others and also network with and learn from other survivors I recommend joining a couple health and/or cancer specific forums or social networks. One place I really like as far as a health social networking is RevolutionHealth.com. They have groups and blogs you can join or start on different health topics. Here is the Cancer community @ Revolution Health

Not saying that one is the best for your needs, it's just the only health social network I have researched recently. I'm sure there are many others. But this is a good one, so see what they offer then Google other networks and see what they have to offer.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

MI
Back