The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie with 3k month organic traffic

Ged

affiliate
Hi everyone,

Finally got tired of earning $0.01 from adsense per month and thought I would try affiliate marketing.

I have a great traffic demographic (young people aged 17-25) but my website is aimed at university applications so not a lot of good products to advertise to my audience. Added a few widgets and ads recently but very generic targeting.

Joined to learn how to work with what I have, if anyone has any suggestions aside from reading the Wiki that would be amazing!

Cheers,

Shane

University students buy things all the time. For an example: University logo hoodies and sweatshirts; Backpacks for school (books & laptops), credit card offers ... Use some imagination and create some interest that might be considered peripheral.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

In addition to @Graybeard 's suggestions, there are affiliate programs for university essay writing services, test prep, etc. that you can put on ads for. We have a few listings for educational type services in our Resources section. ;)

For example: HonorSociety
and...
Higher Grades Faster!™

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums!

University students buy things all the time. For an example: University logo hoodies and sweatshirts; Backpacks for school (books & laptops), credit card offers ... Use some imagination and create some interest that might be considered peripheral.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

You're right I have had a think about offering mobile deals, laptops and CCs etc. I tried to make a Amazon Affiliate post but it was for a low volume ~250/mo keyword and I made about $1 a month despite being in the top 3 results on the SERP.

I am a bit confused about how best to market things like Laptop and CC offers using my website and not PPC. Doing SEO for any of those related terms would be a gargantuan task.

I have software called Convertbox which is essentially pop up software that can collect emails, segment audience and do redirects to offers etc. Is this really the best way I can present offers aside from banners etc? Or should I build an offers section to my website and redirect students from my high traffic pages and to bypass the the competitive laptop/CC keywords?

Finally let me know if I should be asking all these questions elsewhere!

Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

let me know if I should be asking all these questions elsewhere!

Yup, you should. This is your Introduction thread. :)

Try to ask your questions in the most appropriate forum, or you can use the Newbie Helpdesk (newbie questions about monetization like this would fit well there).

Hi AzGold,

Thanks for pointing these out for me. As a complete beginner the tidal wave of offers on various networks I've joined have been a bit blinding.

Higher Grades Faster is great for me because I can advertise in the UK, something I've struggled to find with education based offers.

I'm going to contact them now and get things rolling,

Thanks again.

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

In addition to @Graybeard 's suggestions, there are affiliate programs for university essay writing services, test prep, etc. that you can put on ads for. We have a few listings for educational type services in our Resources section. ;)

For example: HonorSociety
and...
Higher Grades Faster!™

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums!

MI
Back