The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Newbie Question

JENN85

affiliate
Hi, I am slowly learning how to become an affiliate. My question is, "I don't understand how you can post ads on search engines for free and not pay for pay per click, can someone explain this to me?" Thanks:confused:

Hi JENN,

Welcome to 5 Star.

When you search Google for instance the ads in the top and right side boxes are paid. All the regular search results on the main part of the search page are free. The art and science of getting listed near the top is called Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short.

You get listed by knowing how to build search engine friendly pages, getting links from other sites and with some luck you get high enough for people to find you. The goal is to get on page one or at lease page 2 for your main keywords.

We are answering a similar question for another member in the thread below and there is a great FREE book from SEOmoz I mention in that thread that teaches you about SEO.

Question from a newbie - How to Get Site in Google

Hi there, you can also get free exposure by submitting articles to sites like ezinearticles.com, or creating a squidoo lens or submitting your website url to social bookmarking sites like netscape.com and digg.com

Warmly,

Colleen

Hi Colleen, I have no idea what this means, "creating a squidoo lens or submitting your website url to social bookmarking sites like netscape.com and digg.com." Can you explain this to me?

Hi Jenn! Focus on link building through directory and article submissions, social bookmarking, etc. to high PR sites as this will also help your site in PR building in the long run ;)

banners
Back