The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie looking to start an affiliate business

lknights1987

affiliate
Hi all,

I'm looking to start an affiliate marketing business and after some advice on marketing physical products like scooters.

What advice can you give me on the following

1. Would you recommend the Amazon affiliate network? If no what affiliate network do you recommend I use?
2. How many articles should I write per day and how many words roughly should the articles have for better results?
3. Can you recommend any tools or plugins to use? I'll be using Wordpress

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
Look through this sub-forum:

I'm looking to start an affiliate marketing business and after some advice on marketing physical products like scooters.

Well, welcome to the world of affiliate marketing.

So, this is a huge field and there are loads of caveats. Before I start loading you up with recommendations and choices, can you tell us if you have done any research, and/or made any choices, as to what you are going to use for marketing intelligence, domains, hosting, tracking, creatives development, and traffic sources?

Well, welcome to the world of affiliate marketing.

So, this is a huge field and there are loads of caveats. Before I start loading you up with recommendations and choices, can you tell us if you have done any research, and/or made any choices, as to what you are going to use for marketing intelligence, domains, hosting, tracking, creatives development, and traffic sources?

Thanks TJ

I have done a bit of research and made the choice to promote products using a blog site.

For now, I'll most likely use Amazon Affiliate Network unless you can advise me on a better alternative?

Traffic sources will be organic ( blog posts ) and social media.

what you are going to use for marketing intelligence, domains, hosting, tracking

You are going completely organic and that is an animal that cannot be used for a managed traffic source, it can't be tracked. It's a long tedious process and not capable of being targeting or getting immediate and measurable results. We do have members succeeding with it, as Graybeard has noted for you, but it has been a long haul for them and in the end they always end up transferring their efforts over to paid traffic.

I do manage my SEO, but I do it to be certain I am Google compliant and to stay within the margins of my niche(s). Search traffic is too unreliable for me and the affiliate programs I represent. I can spend half a year doing SEO for an affiliate program and get maybe some sub-par results. I can spend a month refining a targeted funnel with paid traffic and earn big.

I am not the person to guide you when it comes to learning the ins and outs of a business being driven by the SEO model. I can guide you with most any aspect of the affiliate business or publishers business, but since you are going SEO and Amazon you won't be using a tracker, or intelligence platform, and probably are not using premium hosting or domains.

The members here can give you loads of advice on the path you are taking.

Good Luck!

Strongly advise you to reconsider scooters
Don't have the stats to hand
But imagine most people try before they buy
Stay away from products that require in-person viewing
Your best bet is a digital service or product
Why?
  1. No postage costs & instant transaction
  2. Fast payment --> NET30 instead of NET60
  3. Lower product price --> higher chance of sale
If you decide to do scooters
Don't promote scooter sales
Promote scooter insurance & other digital products

1. Would you recommend the Amazon affiliate network? If no what affiliate network do you recommend I use?
Whatever the products are on
Stick to one geographical region or country
One language
One type of scooter as there are many
Find scooter affiliate programs
  • Scooter insurance
  • Scooter breakdown
  • Scooter repair
  • Scooter servicing
  • Scooter modifications
  • Scooter appliances
2. How many articles should I write per day and how many words roughly should the articles have for better results?
One good quality article per week
That's sufficient
If you go daily one article is good
Quality matters more than quantity
Aim for one evergreen page every month
Update your evergreen pages weekly
Good choice
Make sure you track your traffic
Bing & Google have plugins
Keep improving your site technically
Add high quality content consistently
Use a good domain name --> short and easy to remember
Use reliable fast hosting
Don't forget to force https browsing

You got great advice from @T J Tutor and @Graybeard
The question is --> Will you act upon it?

Hi all,

What advice can you give me on the following

Hi and welcome to the community. Great that you have a clear idea of what you want to advertise and I will try to give you some answers based on my experience, but the best way to start is always to do thorough research and analysis as these processes will give you the best possible solutions. This means that before you actually start your affiliate journey, you should have some kind of strategy and plan of activities.

As for your questions, I could say:
1. Amazon is usually not the best choice for newbies as they have a lot of requirements, such as that you own the site, have a decent traffic amount, and so on. Maybe it would be better to consider it later and start with some smaller network that is closely related to the product you will be selling.
2. Really hard to answer this properly, it depends on your goals and what your competitors are doing, but you don't have to write too many of them not to oversaturate your site with articles. The better idea is to dedicate yourself to each of them and to promote them properly. Word count isn't that important, the more significant thing here is to implement quality keywords with high search volume.
3. Don't have anything specific in my mind right now, but you can easily search for good writing plugins, there are a bunch of them in the offer.

MI
Back