The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie Interested In Affiliate Programs

fell into a niche...

great topic and wow, love this forum, guess I fell into a niche here( pun intended, gufaw) hahahaha
yeah all of the above methods are good, and just for curiosity sake I did the search for "parenting toddler" and it's up to 36,000 results now in Google. I wonder if that is because of niche marketing or it just grew because of necessity?
I love searching for niches, I can spend hours doing it. it's just something that intrigues me. I did a search for a niche yesterday as I am getting ready to do a niche site and eBook sales and found a really good one to my suprise.
no I am not going to disclose it of course, but where I found it? or the idea for it? here:

I was leaving one of my clients, I do IT consulting during the day, and as I was turning left out of the neighborhood, I saw an advertisement sign on the side of a panel truck.

It's a hobby niche, something that dads and sons do together sometimes. A bonding type of hobby. huhmmm. now that gives me another idea for a niche topic. BRB going to go check it in google.

so that was a good idea, the idea I just had, can't tell you what it is because I don't want the market to get flooded. :)

Anyway, I am glad I stumbled upon this forum, looks like fun for sure.

Hi thenichethinktank and welcome to our forum. Glad you like it! We have lots of friendly members and you'll fit right in!

Thanks for the post. Good niche marketers do what you did and look for niches everywhere in real life, not just on the web. Sounds like you found a couple good ones!

Hi thenichethinktank and welcome to our forum. Glad you like it! We have lots of friendly members and you'll fit right in!

Thanks for the post. Good niche marketers do what you did and look for niches everywhere in real life, not just on the web. Sounds like you found a couple good ones!

Yeah this looks like a fun website. There's also probably some newbies I could probably help. Niches are EVERYWHERE. I see them all day long and I have to carry around a note pad so I can keep track of them as I would hope to exploit them someday. exploit in a good way. :)
Larry

Yeah this looks like a fun website. There's also probably some newbies I could probably help. Niches are EVERYWHERE. I see them all day long and I have to carry around a note pad so I can keep track of them as I would hope to exploit them someday. exploit in a good way.

This post reminds me of that little boy talking to Bruce Willis in the movie Sixth Sense...

"I see niches. I see them everywhere. They're walking around and they don't even know they're niches."

:D

From Sunny Florida

I am interested in joining affiliate programs or one that best benefits my blog. I have a blog about making money online and I want to find out what ways I can use affiliate programs to bring in extra money. Does anyone have any advice on this?

There's a HUGE market for free advertising instruction and methods. An affiliation with a high quality provider of free ad expertise would fit well with your blog.

Thank you very much. Be sure to tell your friends. I'll be here all week in the Tahiti Lounge! :D

minstrel, if you still do face-to-face therapy, you must be very effective with your clients with major depression! As the saying goes, Laughter IS the best medicine. but that's the first time I've ever heard a therapist refer to his office as "The Tahiti Lounge". :)

That's just my day job. :)

But I must interrupt this hijacking and return you to the regularly scheduled thread content. :eek:

Thanks! I added it to my bookmarks too. I'm a BIG fan of affiliate marketing, and it can be a little tricky navigating around all the different sites.

Like Linda said above, picking the right niche is key. You have to know who your market is that you want to cater to! Most pay on converted sales, or customers who buy - so the more consistent you are, the better.

I participate in this one: mybusinessassistant.com/MBA_Affiliate.html

They pay pretty well and not based on sale conversions, but on completed forms.

Best of luck to you!

- Leigh

Dont get confused or scaredd of choosing any line of affiliate marketing to engage yourself.
Start from somewhere and always hunt for free and useful information on how to be successful with your niche.
If you cant be the best doesn't means you cant be successful.

Great information Linda, you did an excellent job of explaining the basics of Niche Market keyword research. For anyone that would like to check out a automated software program that can teach you how to be much more effective at identifying and profiting from highly profitable, under serviced (low competition) Niches, I would highly recommend checking out the Keyword tool Micro Niche Finder is an excellent resource for identifying profitable Niche Markets.

Find a product that you desire to be affiliated with because affiliate marketing takes time to expert and in order to make cash you have to like what your are promoting.

I think you need to start with finding an affiliate manager, most affiliate managers have a list of affiliate programs you can select from, also they will provide statistics about the earnings of each affiliate network and its performance, this will help you choose the most suitable affiliate program.

STEP 3) Analysing the "competition".

K let me take you through a quick exercise. This may not be the right niche for you, but just use my example and find another. Just talking outloud and sharing the process I just went through real quick - DIDN’T do through analysis.

I would call the list you came up with "broad markets" - niches are smaller, more targeted and sometimes a SUB-niche of a market.

I went to SEOBook and typed in one of your broad markets - "Parenting". (Always start with the broad main keyword.)
]Seo Book Keyword Suggestion Tool[/url] (I just start this this tool because it's in my browser, quick, no log in or captcha to deal with.)

I scan and want to go down quite a ways to get to some phrases that don't have a ton of searches because the ones that do typically also have lots of competition. Saw all different variations of parenting teens key phrases so that's a hot topic, but pretty competitive. Maybe one to tackle after you get more experience.

Kept looking and saw "parenting toddler" SeoBook said search volume was 21.
I liked that one because I have 2 toddler grandbabies. ALSO LIKE THAT ONE because you can promote books on parenting and also strollers, car seats and other baby gear. So there are products that go with the niche.

Then I go to Google and search: allintitle: "parenting toddler"

Only 842 competing pages. That's really good.

allintitle: "parenting toddlers" plural, which is probably how more people would search - 8,400 competing. Pretty competitive but not out of the ball park.

So then I go to the Adwords KW tool for more serious research and key in "parenting"

It gives me other suggested key phrases. Shows me the search volume (popularity).

There I see "parenting toddlers" 1900 searches in July
(It had 8,400 competing)

Then I see "toddler parenting" has more searches than that - 2900 in July.
So I check in Google and allintitle: "toddler parenting" only has 1,120 competing.
So toddler parenting has the best search/competition ratio and I would look closer at that niche.

So that's just a quick run down of how I do quick research. I just keep going back and forth between search volume #s and competing pages in Google til I find a phrase that seems like it may be good.

If I were an affiliate and was going to consider building a site around this niche I'd do a lot more research. I suspect in spite of what Google is telling me it may be competitive. There are also a ton of other key phrases to research like raising toddlers, how to raise a 2 year old and all types of variations. So that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't think there are any magic numbers in terms of how much search volume is enough and how much competition is too much. I just keep drilling down until I find something that has the best ratio.

I need to run. Am late for something and need to get going. So that hopefully helps give you a start.

Great post, I can only contribute with the 3rd and last step.

Once you have done step 1 and two and you have found a good keyword with low competition, you need to assess if the competition are gladiators or mister beans.(nothing wrong with mr. beans) he is just easier to knock out from his rank.

Any ways, you need to know if they have a strong back link network. You need to find out the age of the site, you need to find out if they have optimized the site that shows up in step 2 in " ". A optimized page should have the head line 1,2,3 with the keyword, meta tags, and good keyword density (around 1.5% is excellent).

Now I know your thinking how the heck do I find out about all of this?

Well there are quite a few options. I am going to recommend two.

Option 1) You download Firefox and install a plugin called SEO QUAKE. Simple. When you do the search in step two, the results show will show most of the info you need like pr. and backlink network.

Option 2) You google a program called traffic travis its free. You just install it and do a keyword research and you will get the same results (more or less) as SEO QUAKE + you will get xtra info like the age of the site, if the site is registered to yahoo directory, if the site is listed on DMZ and other info.

I have some photos, but I can not post them as I am still new here.

But enjoy guys.

All the best on your adventure!

Many thanks to miss Linda for that post.

Regards John

PS. I had to remove the links from the original post by Linda. Its on page 1 if someone needs them.

I created this thread two years ago and happen to check back and wow. A lot of information. I certainly have learned a lot since then and want to thank Linda for her advice as I still use it today. Thanks everyone else for contributing also.

MI
Back