The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[Newbie Guide] How To Pick An Offer

AffiliateDude

There's tons of CPA offers how do you pick someone that has potential?

Everyone wants to know, this guide should help you out if you are new.

Ok first log into your favorite CPA network and find offers.

Sort by EPC
epc-gif.10842

joeq0

Bear in mind that EPC can be misleading so take it with a grain of salt. This is a good starting point to see which offers are proven to convert. But even offers that have a EPC of $0.01 can still be profitable for you. What could of happened was an affiliate sent 10's of thousands of junk PPV traffic to it so the EPC drops drastically.

Once you pick an offer that looks interesting ask you Affiliate Manager which source performs the best. This isn't a one shoe fits all approach everyone has there own way of doing it. This is a very basic guide, but it's to give you an idea of where to start if your a newbie.

Another way to do it is pick a source of traffic first then ask your manager which offers work best for that particular source. You can also use Spy tools but i would not recommend for newbies. But at the end of the day testing is whats going to show the potential or not.

Feel free to ask any questions...

Attachments

• epc.GIF
    epc.GIF
    163.7 KB · Views: 386
No need to try to figure out yourself what to promote, ask you affiliate manager. He will happily provide you with all this info usually as excel files. And you may have a surprise and find an offer with let's say $1 EPC had only 100 leads/sales in the previous month while an offer with $0.10 EPC had 100K leads/sales. Which one do you want to start to promote?

No need to try to figure out yourself what to promote, ask you affiliate manager. He will happily provide you with all this info usually as excel files. And you may have a surprise and find an offer with let's say $1 EPC had only 100 leads/sales in the previous month while an offer with $0.10 EPC had 100K leads/sales. Which one do you want to start to promote?
Yes exactly my point EPC can be misleading. I would go with the $0.10 offer because it has more scale factor ;).

There's tons of CPA offers how do you pick someone that has potential?

Everyone wants to know, this guide should help you out if you are new.

Ok first log into your favorite CPA network and find offers.

Sort by EPC
epc-gif.10842

joeq0

Bear in mind that EPC can be misleading so take it with a grain of salt. This is a good starting point to see which offers are proven to convert. But even offers that have a EPC of $0.01 can still be profitable for you. What could of happened was an affiliate sent 10's of thousands of junk PPV traffic to it so the EPC drops drastically.

Once you pick an offer that looks interesting ask you Affiliate Manager which source performs the best. This isn't a one shoe fits all approach everyone has there own way of doing it. This is a very basic guide, but it's to give you an idea of where to start if your a newbie.

Another way to do it is pick a source of traffic first then ask your manager which offers work best for that particular source. You can also use Spy tools but i would not recommend for newbies. But at the end of the day testing is whats going to show the potential or not.

Feel free to ask any questions...
great tips here, personally i also recommend to use a tool for this, but also, i agree it's really helpful to know how to do it alone, and this is a very helpful thread!!

great tips here, personally i also recommend to use a tool for this, but also, i agree it's really helpful to know how to do it alone, and this is a very helpful thread!!
Yeah same here. Just use a spytool to find out which offers are killing it. Saves time and money.

Even if you can afford just one month if you're starting out. Look at it as an investment. You can see EXACTLY what's working now, download landers, etc. Buy one month, start launching and see if it makes you faster and/or more money.

Yeah same here. Just use a spytool to find out which offers are killing it. Saves time and money.

To be honest, it's not as simple as that.

The top guys cloak - they don't want people to copy their campaigns so you get false positives as to what's really being run. A lot of guys recently ditched Adplexity for this very reason.

Secondly, you will find that in a lot of cases that it's usually one or a small number of publishers doing heavy damage with an individual offer. They are buying all the traffic from certain placements and it's very hard to compete with this. The only one who wins in a bidding war is the traffic source.

For me, finding an offer that will convert is a skill that people should learn. Trying to copy other people's campaigns is a recipe to the poor house.

To be honest, it's not as simple as that.

The top guys cloak - they don't want people to copy their campaigns so you get false positives as to what's really being run. A lot of guys recently ditched Adplexity for this very reason.

Secondly, you will find that in a lot of cases that it's usually one or a small number of publishers doing heavy damage with an individual offer. They are buying all the traffic from certain placements and it's very hard to compete with this. The only one who wins in a bidding war is the traffic source.

For me, finding an offer that will convert is a skill that people should learn. Trying to copy other people's campaigns is a recipe to the poor house.
I'm not saying it's the golden key to success, but it certainly helps newbies to see what's working and build from there. I agree that it's a skill to identify good offers and I feel seeing what's working in the real world speeds up that learning process. It sure helped me when I was starting out and saved me a lot of time and money.

I agree that copying campaigns is bad practice. See what's working, get inspired, do the work.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's the golden key to success, but it certainly helps newbies to see what's working and build from there. It sure helped me when I was starting out and saved me a lot of time and money.

6 months ago, spy tools were great. You could literally copy a campaign and make money from day one. Now publishers have taken steps to protect their campaigns and rightfully so. It costs money to find and optimise a campaign, why should you not stop people from stealing it?

For me, the key to success is being able to work with a good AM and this takes a lot of time and effort to find. If an AM is just sending you a top list of performing offers or just recommending high EPC offers, then they are not a good AM.

banners
Back