The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New Website-best methods to get targeted traffic?

Tim19889

affiliate
Hello everyone, this is my very first post (woohoo) here so excuse any dumb comments I may make please:).
Recently I've started up a website selling outdoor/camping/hunting merchandise, and I am trying my very best to figure out ways to get traffic to my site, but have had very little luck so far. So what are some ways you would recommend to get targeted traffic to the site? What do you all think of google adwords and similar services? I made an ad but it is still pending review so it's not live yet...(been about three weeks now).

Also, I've had some posters made (they're big, 18 by 24 inches) and am brainstorming places I might put them...any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any tips/advice you can give me!

Hey Tim,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us!

You didn't mention it, but is your site an affiliate site? I assume so.

If it is then it's really hard to advertise affiliate sites on Google Adwords right now. They have gotten very strict about affiliate ads. Adwords IS a really good way to get traffic, but can also be a good way to lose a lot of money. So be sure to thoroughly study everything about it before you get started. You may already have done this, but if not let us know what you've done to try to learn about PPC so far and we'll try to point you in the right direction.

Here are some of our best threads about how to generate traffic
and almost all of these methods are free.

Hope this helps!

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum.

Yeah, those posters are a bit big and you might have a challenge finding places that will let you do that. Don't limit yourself to just the posters though, business card advertisement is also good and there are a lot of bulletin boards around towns that allow them. If you are good at design, make your own and print them on business card stock on your printer.

Hello everyone, this is my very first post (woohoo) here so excuse any dumb comments I may make please:).
Recently I've started up a website selling outdoor/camping/hunting merchandise, and I am trying my very best to figure out ways to get traffic to my site, but have had very little luck so far. So what are some ways you would recommend to get targeted traffic to the site? What do you all think of google adwords and similar services? I made an ad but it is still pending review so it's not live yet...(been about three weeks now).

Also, I've had some posters made (they're big, 18 by 24 inches) and am brainstorming places I might put them...any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any tips/advice you can give me!

Tim, as stated Adwords is a great way to get quality targeted people to your site - but make sure you get hold of a good adwords course and understand it before getting too carried away - else you could spend a bundle, for poor results. For example: Did you know that you should target one keyword only per ad group. Google's info doesn't tell you that.

Other than adwords - you have a website, therefore why don't you do some good keyword research then go after the organic search engine traffic through SEO? Free traffic is sooo cool :)

Article Marketing and focusing on the long-tail keywords will be key. Adwords can get quite expensive, so good ol' fashioned SEO is the best way to go

MI
Back