The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to marketing and so lost

ocmarketing

affiliate
I am an administrative assistant being thrown in the role of ?marketing director? for a cleaning company. While I?ve been successful with getting data for mailers, this is about as far as I can go ? as I have NO experience in marketing.
I need help.
I don?t know how to market a business online
I?ve put money into ?google ad words? - I really don?t know how to use this service very well.
We have a yellow pages ad, and a cold caller 1 time per week ??.
We have a website. (How can I direct a ton of traffic to this website? How can I get it to show up in website searches more easily? How can I see where traffic is coming from, what makes them come to the site, etc.. are there sites that show me this?? These are just a few questions I have?)
But overall I?m so lost. I have somewhat limited funding. A boss that expects me to know marketing with no education on the matter, no real web knowledge, and we?ve had no leads in months.

Would someone please point me in a direction of where to go from here? How do I begin to market a business? Preferably online (this is what I?ve been asked to do). What are good websites? What are useful services?
Please don?t try to sell me something, rather, if any helpful person is actually willing to spend a few minutes guiding me, I will be unbelievably grateful.

my email is hk4700 hotmail

The easiest best thing you can do right away for a cleaning business is to advertise on Craigslist, the biggest online want ads (free). You need to find Craigslist for your city or area and then place ads in the services offered section.

Search 1st and see how the other cleaning ads look to get a feel for how to write the ad. Then read the rules for how often you can post. Then post daily if that's possible because as other ads come in they push yours down so far no one will see it. If you do Craigslist consistently you should get leads. Another free want ads site you can try is Backpages.com.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

MI
Back