The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New strategy protection

fares2019

affiliate
Hello, I am new here (developer) and I need some help. I reached to a new marketing strategy, how can I protect my rights, before showing it to the marketing companies?
Thanks.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
No Q and A in an introductions thread -- but I'll bend the rules a little here as this is not the common question :)

Realistically, you need to have a provisional patent application registration Patent pending - Wikipedia $5,000 - $50,000 atty fees, patent search ... yada yada and the money to sue any infringer -- and that is assuming that your idea is unique and somehow patentable in the first place. Patentability - Wikipedia usually not?

What is it? You can copyright code rather cheaply -- but that is meaningless unless you are prepared to take any infringer to court. Then if it is common use GNU, MIT, etc it can get complicated in court ...

A signed NDA Nondisclosure Agreement will be the common answer -- but that is a bluff unless you are willing to spend the money, or are in a position enforce the agreement. Some venture capitalists will not sign any NDA or even look at your idea under those conditions ... They got the money and you don't ;)

Talk to a licensed attorney -- the above is said in conversation and is not legal advice.

I think the most practical way is to summarize your idea with some screenshots and some brief explanation to see if there is some interest or meeting-of-the-minds. Keep the specifics and the processes to yourself until you have a deal you feel secure with.

If you put the keywords of your idea into a search engine and come up with any similar *products* then your idea is nothing new -- so what are you worried about to start with?

If your idea succeeds, and starts gaining traction: many will copy the idea anyway and most likely will have little liability. Example: Uber and Lyft. Wayback: how many copy machine brands competed with the inventor Xerox?

banners
Back