The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New overwhelmed desperate member

Bloggerlatif

affiliate
My name is M. Latif, and I'm 40 years old medical doctor from Egypt. I have got a long history of depression which was worsened by studying something that I don't like.. Finally two years ago I thought I found something that I like, and that was blogging.. Actually I loved blogging, and this it's because plenty of reasons:
  • I love the idea of people waiting for my posts, seeing my blog traffic increasing day after day (which didn't happen)
  • It helps me to write about my passion..
  • I like dealing with new tools and software to achieve something, edit photo, correct text mistakes....
  • Learning new things while doing my research..
  • And a lot more.....
But I failed.. I read hundreds of pages about blogging; Neil Patel, MOZ, Searchland, and I created two or three blogs on free platforms about trolling fishing and health problems and guess what?!! I got a big zero traffic.. I can't put my hand on the specific niche. The job is very competitive.. I wanted to use a free platform (blogger) just to learn and try. But the big zero stopped me to invest in a self hosted blog.
But again after quitting the whole thing for two months, I decided to give it another trial....
Just introducing myself in your great forum ...

Last edited:
WELCOME ...
thumbsup.png

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

There is very little in the way of "free" things in this industry that are of any value to a marketer. You need to be able to compete with your competitors, you need to know how to attract an audience, you need to know how to write compelling copy for a very targeted audience, etc.

I suggest you do the following:

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

WELCOME ...
thumbsup.png

Sure Graybeard I'm interested in anything related to affiliate marketing, and it's a amazing you know someone in Alexandria with such experience.. But how can I learn about setting up an online store??....
Sorry I replaced "shopify" in your reply with "online store" because it's a link.. and for my reply to be posted it shouldn't contain a link..

Last edited:
Welcome to AffiliateFix!

There is very little in the way of "free" things in this industry that are of any value to a marketer. You need to be able to compete with your competitors, you need to know how to attract an audience, you need to know how to write compelling copy for a very targeted audience, etc.

I suggest you do the following:

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J
Great words @T J Tutor .. first I have to thank you for your inspirational informative reply. I really want to read, study and implement.. and about the investing thing I want to say something; 1$ = 20 egyptian pounds, so 500$ (which is not a big investment) = almost 10 Thousand egyptian pounds; that's a fortune... I work one whole month in a 9 - 5 job for such amount of money... besides, I have a family to support and lots of responsibilities.... not to waste your time I want to say before I put 1$ in this I have to be sure that I'm competent enough to get use of it.. I think you understand me. What can i do in such a situation? I really love the freedom in making money online specially content marketing. I want to study and learn every single detail. But as said before... I'm a family man scared from wasting money (from the future too).. Again @T J Tutor thank you so much..

I think one of my most important priorities now is to read and learn about how to set up an online store.. is there any links here about this type of marketing? And one more question; can we cooperate in this project (you, me and your Alexandrian friend), if yes, how...Regarding the obstacles of managing a PayPal account, have been overcame. Now you can connect your PayPal account with an internet card, (sure debit or visa)... I'm eager to prove to myself that making money online, even small amount, is True...Thanks for support ..

[j]ust how can I learn about setting up an online store??.... ...
You have to read and study it -- like the other things you have learned ... Shopify is interesting to me because it's real money that you can have control of --and you have customers that will keep buying. It is drop shipping. You market the goods, get orders then buy the goods. So, it is a virtual store (kiosk?) without an inventory you own.

I have seen quite a few Shopify websites for sale and some produce over $10K USD per month NET profit. I know about things in Egypt from what my friend tells me. There are many obstacles like you can't intake money with PayPal, the banking system... etc. Shopify can be your front man (perhaps).
Payfort partners with Shopify to empower MENA's startups - Daily News Egypt
Looks like it ...

I have to be sure that I'm competent enough to get use of it.. I think you understand me. What can i do in such a situation?

Okay, so you are a DR., if you have the brains to learn medicine, I don't know how you can possibly question your ability to learn this business.

I'm a family man scared from wasting money (from the future too).

This is a business and you need to treat it as such. It requires a budget for the tools you need, for subsidizing your learning curve, your campaigns, etc. You have to invest in any and every business.

You are saying you are a family man and you are scared. This is operating from a point of fear. Being a family man has absolutely nothing to do with starting and running a business. If you operate any business from a position of fear, then you will never succeed. Fear of loss is an unacceptable mindset in any business and most always results in failure.

This industry did over $84Billion in 2017 in the U.S. alone and $229.25Billion worldwide (Credit: Statista). There are loads of very average, and even less than average people earning a living and many getting wealthy in this industry. There are brilliant people, and I know many, earning many millions a year.

Change your mindset, be a business person, build a plan and establish a budget for the tools you require.

• Okay, so you are a DR., if you have the brains to learn medicine, I don't know how you can possibly question your ability to learn this business.

This is a business and you need to treat it as such. It requires a budget for the tools you need, for subsidizing your learning curve, your campaigns, etc. You have to invest in any and every business.

You are saying you are a family man and you are scared. This is operating from a point of fear. Being a family man has absolutely nothing to do with starting and running a business. If you operate any business from a position of fear, then you will never succeed. Fear of loss is an unacceptable mindset in any business and most always results in failure.

This industry did over $84Billion in 2017 in the U.S. alone and $229.25Billion worldwide. There are loads of very average, and even less than average people earning a living and many getting wealthy in this industry. There are brilliant people, and I know many, earning many millions a year.

Change your mindset, be a business person, build a plan and establish a budget for the tools you require.
    • I can't explain how happy I'm that you, T J Tutor, yourself have read every line of my reply to give me such an honest answer
    • Also happy with the warm forum atmosphere in general, rapid response and the desire of everybody to help.
    • @T J Tutor, Frankly speaking, (and sorry for mentioning some personal issues), yes.. I studied medicine, graduated from medical school of Cairo university, in excellence with honors degree BUT when it comes to creating something that adds value to people, I feel I'm dumb...whatever I read and study when it comes to selecting the appropriate niche, writing a good content that people can really make use of, I'm a big failure.. I feel I can't CREATE something that brings organic traffic. Yes, I have the fear mindset like many others.. I read a beautiful thread here about what stops people to get started.. it's the fear mindset that hinders people to get started..BUT I think your magnificent forum, and this spirit of people here helping each other is going to change my way of thinking and give me some peace of mind to start fresh, read and study again and put a plan with a checklist to overcome overwhelming, shiny object anxiety..... @T J Tutor, THANKS again for your support...

@T J Tutor, excellent post man. Thank you. I’m going to print your posts and read for 1 week, then take action. (Kinda action faking, but need to let knowledge digest) wanna document the process too. Sorry if this off topic just thankful for the Golden nuggets.

I would recommend that first; you read the manual (RTFM)

This is an introduction thread. In keeping with the Affilliatefix 'Forum Etiquette' ... Please make a new thread

Ok @Graybeard .. I'll start studying the manual
Welcome aboard, just remember that your not the only one in your boots, learn from everyone and join in the community, certainly is one of the best.
Tank you so much for your support and of course it is one of the best.

My name is M. Latif, and I'm 40 years old medical doctor from Egypt. I have got a long history of depression which was worsened by studying something that I don't like.. Finally two years ago I thought I found something that I like, and that was blogging.. Actually I loved blogging, and this it's because plenty of reasons:
  • I love the idea of people waiting for my posts, seeing my blog traffic increasing day after day (which didn't happen)
  • I like dealing with new tools and software to achieve something, edit photo, correct text mistakes....
  • And a lot more.....
But I failed.. I read hundreds of pages about blogging; Neil Patel, MOZ, Searchland, and I created two or three blogs on free platforms about trolling fishing and health problems and guess what?!! I got a big zero traffic.. I can't put my hand on the specific niche. The job is very competitive.. I wanted to use a free platform (blogger) just to learn and try. But the big zero stopped me to invest in a self hosted blog.
But again after quitting the whole thing for two months, I decided to give it another trial....
You are welcome on the forum, good luck for this project!

• And a lot more.....

Hi Latif! Blogging is a very competitive area. If you want to succeed you have to forget about anything and for the next 12 month write a QUALITY content. This is the only way to attract people. Make sure to use SEO in your blog post and try to do link building. Increase your domain rating and then you might start seeing some results.

banners
Back