The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New Member, Old Webmaster. Not old like that. Stop laughing.

pinkeyedjim

affiliate
Hi folks! I'm Jim and I'm new here. I live in Marietta, GA, just outside of Atlanta, but I'm from New Jersey originally.

I might be a new member here, but I've been a webmaster for a long time. I made my first personal website back in 1999, on Angelfire of all places. I bought my first commercial website from a guy on eBay in 2003. It was a cigarette drop shipping website. I made one sale, to a friend and had to refund her when the cigarettes never came. A week later I got a cease and desist letter from Phillip Morris in Geneva!

That was the end of that website, but the seed of having my own internet empire some day had been planted. I was given a domain name and vBulletin license by a site owner who I had worked as a forum mod for in 2005 and that was my second site. That one actually made a little money. About $100 a month until I lost ownership of the site.

Since then I've had numerous websites, mostly on the Wordpress platform, and I've had about 10 years of experience modding wordpress themes and tweaking site code, so if you have any Wordpress questions, I'm available.

I've also done a bit of adult webmaster work. I actually worked part time for a small company for six years creating galleries and uploading videos to pay per view sites. I can answer questions in regard to those sites as well.

Thanks for having me, and I hope to have some really useful discussions with other webmasters here in the future.

Hi folks! I'm Jim and I'm new here. I live in Marietta, GA, just outside of Atlanta, but I'm from New Jersey originally.

We are all transplants at one point or another these days, I think. I made the rounds myself. From Syracuse, NY to Boulder Colorado, then on the Vegas. 20 years later I came back to Syracuse. My next move, Lake Placid NY. A mountainous beauty!

Welcome to Websitefix! Great to have you with us @pinkeyedjim !

I might be a new member here, but I've been a webmaster for a long time. I made my first personal website back in 1999, on Angelfire of all places. I bought my first commercial website from a guy on eBay in 2003. It was a cigarette drop shipping website. I made one sale, to a friend and had to refund her when the cigarettes never came. A week later I got a cease and desist letter from Phillip Morris in Geneva!

That was the end of that website, but the seed of having my own internet empire some day had been planted. I was given a domain name and vBulletin license by a site owner who I had worked as a forum mod for in 2005 and that was my second site. That one actually made a little money. About $100 a month until I lost ownership of the site.

Since then I've had numerous websites, mostly on the Wordpress platform, and I've had about 10 years of experience modding wordpress themes and tweaking site code, so if you have any Wordpress questions, I'm available.

I've also done a bit of adult webmaster work. I actually worked part time for a small company for six years creating galleries and uploading videos to pay per view sites. I can answer questions in regard to those sites as well.

Thanks for having me, and I hope to have some really useful discussions with other webmasters here in the future.

You got a load of experience from which many can benefit. It's always great to have a seasoned mind join here. Looking forward to your posts and threads. With you skills, you should have a business listing here in our Resources area.

Good Luck

T J

banners
Back