The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New guy jumped right in and running into problems with website

Tkav1980

affiliate
Hey everyone,
I created a site on Wix to list my products however it doesn't offer the functionality I need to create what I want unless I build it from the ground up, which I dont know how to do. I paid for the pro version and after 2 hours on the phone with support discovered this.
I'd like to be able to create categories for the items and list an unlimited number in each category, for example, health and fitness and outdoor gear being 2.
Similar to the post layout and style of dudeiwantthat.

Can anyone recommend a platform that is new user friendly and highly customizable without a lot of site building knowledge? I don't understand what elements I'm trying to add or how to configure them on wix.

Thanks for any assistance.

It's a custom coded scrolling Bootstrap mosaic display probably using this JavaScript?
HTML:
<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js" async defer></script>
<meta name="google-signin-client_id" content="707250127414-u175tak5opo1i3rvd49lld7ta6obboor.apps.googleusercontent.com">

Can anyone recommend a platform that is new user friendly and highly customizable without a lot of site building knowledge? I don't understand what elements I'm trying to add or how to configure them on wix.
It sounds like you're doing an ecommerce site. Have you checked out Woocommerce (for Wordpress) or Shopify? I'm personally a big fan of Wordpress.

login to your google account first then:

Can anyone recommend a platform

NEVER USE WIX or any other similar platform.

Get a VPS from a reliable source.
Get a good addon or plugin that allows you to create the environment, presentation, and functionality you seek.

For landers there are an abundance of sources for landers that can be customized to your needs, like PureLander, or many of the networks, tracking, and traffic sources provide them too.

For eCommerce, there are several great addons like Woo and Shopify.

You need to learn to manage your own server (not difficult, it's all visual), you need to learn to work with the platform interfaces you select so you can customize on the fly. This is not difficult.

Sure there is a learning curve, but we have all gone through this. It's worth it, it is fun, and certainly you will have some frustrations and hair pulling, but what business doesn't?!

Hi,
It's worth it, it is fun, and certainly you will have some frustrations and hair pulling
Wouldn't that be too early for all the frustration to go through for a newbie especially if they are not out of the red yet? (first 6-9 months). That might sound daunting to some!

Wouldn't it be easier to be profitable first then hire a good developer to setup servers w/ add-ons?

Thanks

-

Em

Wouldn't that be too early for all the frustration to go through for a newbie especially if they are not out of the red yet? (first 6-9 months). That might sound daunting to some!

From the very beginning a Newbie should start with a VPS, learn to use CPanel, start with a tracker, join a couple of networks and start with just a couple of traffic sources. You use the word "frustration", you are creating a false mindset by saying that. It is a learning curve, NOT a frustration.

not out of the red yet? (first 6-9 months).

Nonsense! Creating a business from scratch requires investment! Saving a few thousand to get started responsibly should be every Newbies mandate! With a few grand anyone can be earning steadily within month. All the earnings should be put immediately back into the growth of the business until such time the business can afford to payout a monthly stipend to the Newbie.

My brother is a doctor, at an expense of well over a half million bucks, and that is on top of his grants and scholarships! I earn many times more than my brother and I started this business with a few grand!

Wouldn't it be easier to be profitable first then hire a good developer to setup servers w/ add-ons?

More Nonsense! A VPS is simple and easy. No need for any seriously steep learning curve, and most certainly any questions about a VPS can be answered here. The more advanced VPS features can be learned and adopted at a later date. Every Newbies needs to marry their VPS and their tracker at the very beginning because they will be in a very long relationship with them both!

A VPS and FileZilla for uploading landers and such, and/or any platforms for content sites like WP. Landers you upload with ftp interfaces like FileZilla. WP and others are installed from CPanel typically, but can be installed from the ftp interface. you should always learn to use an ftp program, like FileZilla, so you can easily change out images, and run other small tasks of file uploads and downloads.

This is NOT difficult, it can be time consuming in the beginning, but taking shortcuts like using WIX and others is always going to be a waste of time, just like the OP of this thread is experiencing.

You can choose to follow the advice of decades of failures and successes from members like me and so many others here, or be doomed to making the same mistakes so many others make and then have to make course corrections after wasting time and money. We have seen this many hundreds of times, just in this community.

Get real tools, platforms, subscriptions, et al, that beginner professionals require and LEARN THEM, instead of making every excuse in the book to use free and worthless options you truly have no control over and that will never bring what you seek.

Members here are beginner professionals, NOT amateurs. Amateurs are not in a paid profession. There is no place for using amateurish practices in this business. Newbies are learning a business, starting a business, and are not doing it for the fun of it. Every Newbie wants to earn, and most want to earn well. That can never be done by convincing ones self that free resources are going to provide any form of professional experience or results!

Hey everyone,
I created a site on Wix to list my products however it doesn't offer the functionality I need to create what I want unless I build it from the ground up, which I dont know how to do. I paid for the pro version and after 2 hours on the phone with support discovered this.
I'd like to be able to create categories for the items and list an unlimited number in each category, for example, health and fitness and outdoor gear being 2.
Similar to the post layout and style of dudeiwantthat.

Thanks for any assistance.
I believe I have created such a website before using WordPress and was able to create unlimited categories and list as much as I wanted. WordPress is more versatile and flexible than Wix. There are definitely free ecommerce themes that will satisfy your needs. But if you don't find that, you will definitely find a paid theme that will do it for you.

Hi,
It is a learning curve, NOT a frustration.
Definitely wrong choice of word there. But you understand where I was coming from!
That can never be done by convincing ones self that free resources are going to provide any form of professional experience or results!
Oh, I never said anything about using free resources! I picked up the 6-9 months from one your own statements here saying every business requires an investment with time until the business is able to sustain itself just like you said it here. I'm just quoting it below:
All the earnings should be put immediately back into the growth of the business until such time the business can afford to payout a monthly stipend to the Newbie.
This included the assumption / reality that not every campaign will create a successful conversion to our needs. Even our first campaign will fail as we would have no clue which publisher IDs to block for bots and stuff.
There is no place for using amateurish practices in this business.
True! Which is why I'm still asking lot of questions before I start my own campaign!
Every Newbie wants to earn, and most want to earn well.
I am one of them.

Thank you @T J Tutor for your insights and your experiences. They are very valuable. No wonder you are making more money than your well-established Doctor brother!

-

Em

A virtual server account with WordPress will not support an active high volume domain.
It's generally not recommenced to direct link to an offer's landing page without at least a tracker with a filter.
So, if you don't understand servers and have no real coding skills --do not use this relatively inexpensive bulk traffic (push/pop).

Use native ads, social media ads and google ads (SEM search engine marketing) so you get high quality with lower volumes of traffic --track them --and deliver the referral.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Choose a path you can live with (and afford).

banners
Back