The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New Domain Purchase

PostAffiliate

affiliate
Hi people,

Sooo... I just bought this domain that expired today which is of a famous news website that has a very good stream of traffic.

To be very honest though I haven't really thought about what to do with the domain. Either sell it again or build it and monetize the traffic.

What do you guys suggest in this instance? What kind of content can I add to the page, How should I monetize? Did any of you ever worked on a news website?

P.s.
If a good suggestions is made, I will keep this post up-to-date with all changes regards above domain and show you my progress!

I've only ever bought & sold one domain for profit. Friend convinced me to buy, but they didn't commit to content & I didn't know how to create cash flow with it. Listed it on flippa.com & accepted the first offer that was over what I paid.

Log the 404s. Look up those 404 pages in the Wayback Machine if available. Recreate the exact URLs and rewrite the content in your own voice.

This +1 taking old content and updating it, will in most cases get your rankings back quite quickly as well... Unless the domain was spammed to crap.

To check if the site is deindexed just Google "domainname com" Just like that, include the space! If it's not listed in the first 2 pages of results it = gone, in most cases.

This +1 taking old content and updating it, will in most cases get your rankings back quite quickly as well... Unless the domain was spammed to crap.

To check if the site is deindexed just Google "domainname com" Just like that, include the space! If it's not listed in the first 2 pages of results it = gone, in most cases.
Old content thing is a bit difficult due to the face that it was a News website. The other point you mentioned I did and it came up as the first hit, means something is still there I guess.

I was possibly thinking about just using it as a trendwatcher website with Adsense and other Affiliate info. Trying to catch the wave on all the new trends going on.

Will keep yous updates once the website is on.

Awesome, well good find! Since it's not deindexed, I'd still put the old posts backup so you don't lose the links it does have ;).

MI
Back