The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My Journey Spanking New Rookie

macher52

I’m brand spanking new. There’s a YouTuber I’ve been following that just sent a Click Bank challenge and it’s free. Looks like a series of 10 ‘lessons’. Don’t know where it’s going to take me but I’m going to give it a shot.

Day 1 I got yesterday. Basically the jist is to set an income goal. Break it down into monthly, weekly or daily.

My goal since I’m a rookie I’m going low which is $1,000 a month . If I work it 7 days a week that’s $33 / day. If I work it 5 days a week that’s $46 / day.

He suggests $2,000 a month not sure if I should go for that goal initially. For me $1,000 / month to start would be GREAT BUT more is better.

Day 2 Picking a Click Bank Product

I like these small lessons but like I said I’m not sure where this is going to take me.

Ok from what I’m understanding he suggests picking a product / niche that you’re interested in, a hobby or have some kind of expertise or familiarity with but it’s not a requirement.

My interest is German Shepherds because we have 2 right now and I’ve owned German Shepherds all my life. Not sure if this is too broad or I should go more general like dogs.

Second he suggests to use cbsnooper.com to see CB gravity. He suggests a gravity over 50 and a commission of at least $30.

He explained that gravity is an indication of how well / popular a product is selling with affiliates only. That gravity isn’t how well a product sells.

He takes emails. If my income goal is $1,000 / month and I’m selling a product that gets $30 commission that means I’ll need to sell 33 products a month or 1 / day. To me right now as a rookie that seems hard. He said initially of course you won’t sell your goal in the beginning.

So my passion and interest is German Shepherds or if too narrow dogs. Now I have to see if there’s a Click Bank product that has over 50 gravity.

There is a couple of German Shepherd products but not with high gravity in fact very low. There is a brain training for dogs product with a gravity of 156. That I’m leaning towards. Other dog products are under 50 gravity.

Think 'large dogs'
-------------------

Hmm interesting. Got me thinking now. It’s more broad then German Shepherds. Thank you!

Now this free challenge is Click Bank products but I’m assuming there’s other products in other affiliate networks.

I actually had an idea but it won’t bring in much commissions. My wife buys a lot of products for our GSD’s on Amazon. German Shepherds shed 366 days a year and one product my wife loves is this brush that sells for $30 on Amazon. But the commission would be 3%!

well if the referred buy other things at the same time maybe?
'large dog related' all dogs shed --long haired dogs shed more ....

I heard that Amazon is a conversion machine and that you get commissions on the whole cart not just the product. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel here lol. If I want to make $1000 a month and if I’m affiliated with Amazon that means I would have to make an awful lot of sales vs a digital type product which would give more commissions.

Well, if you make 20 sales at Amazon for every 1 sale at CB it may be worthwhile.
I would stay away from Amazon until you have traffic, some sales and a working knowledge as well as a defined strategy ...

Thanks. I’ll be finding out about a strategy as the days go on. I have my income goal and a Click Bank product.

Well, if you make 20 sales at Amazon for every 1 sale at CB it may be worthwhile.
I would stay away from Amazon until you have traffic, some sales and a working knowledge as well as a defined strategy ...

Day 3

Was the technique but simple overview how a sales funnel works. That you don’t send people directly to the sales page. You’re helping the potential people with a no more than a series of 4 emails passively promoting your offer.

That’s the basic of the funnel he was explaining and I get the concept of not sending people directly to the sales page.

That was all for this lesson. He did mention you can set this up for free with landing page or whatever it’s called and autoresponder.

He will get into the set up in later lessons.

Day 4

Was about an autoresponder and generally what it does. He recommends get response because it’s free and offers free landing pages. Explained generally what a landing page is. He said this is a free way to start. But as you grow you’ll need the better subscription of get response and better landing page builder.

Simple lesson. I signed up for get response. And also have a Click Bank product.

More to come. I’m curious about traffic but I assume that will come later.

Day 4

Was about an autoresponder and generally what it does. He recommends get response because it’s free and offers free landing pages. Explained generally what a landing page is. He said this is a free way to start. But as you grow you’ll need the better subscription of get response and better landing page builder.

Simple lesson. I signed up for get response. And also have a Click Bank product.

More to come. I’m curious about traffic but I assume that will come later.

Traffic is the easy part
Converting is the real art

Day 5

Pretty much a recap of Day 4 except goes into detail about the series of 3 emails and the 4th email being the more hard pitch.

In each of the 3 emails it’s suggested to provide information pertaining to the product or niche. For instance he used how to play piano example. He said you can search Google and find this info. He found a site that had 9 essentials to include in a first piano lesson. You can get information from there but don’t copy and paste. You can also get information from the sales page or watching a video on sales page if there’s one. The other emails you can do same research to provide information related. Each email will have a soft pitch at the end of the email.

He said you’ll get a % who will click to sales page right away.

I get the concept. In the next lesson he’s going to show how to set this up. I’m hoping he shows how many words the email should have but I’m sure it doesn’t matter as long as you’re providing good information without a hard pitch.

So I have my Click Bank product and a get response subscription. He said you can start with the Get Response Landing pages they provide for free.

Waiting to get this rolling. I like the bite size lessons which aren’t overwhelming with too much information.

Anyone want to comment? Thanks!

In each of the 3 emails it’s suggested to provide information pertaining to the product or niche. For instance he used how to play piano example. He said you can search Google and find this info. He found a site that had 9 essentials to include in a first piano lesson. You can get information from there but don’t copy and paste. You can also get information from the sales page or watching a video on sales page if there’s one. The other emails you can do same research to provide information related. Each email will have a soft pitch at the end of the email.

Stick to German Shepherds, or something you know about, is my advice
Be careful about writing on a subject you aren't an expert in or at least very well read up
The intricacies and nuances of language on a subject are very important
You will lose informed readers if you make single mistakes (factual, topical or grammatical) in your copy
The key is to have actual life experience when you create content

Stick to German Shepherds, or something you know about, is my advice
Be careful about writing on a subject you aren't an expert in or at least very well read up
The intricacies and nuances of language on a subject are very important
You will lose informed readers if you make single mistakes (factual, topical or grammatical) in your copy
The key is to have actual life experience when you create content

I’m sticking to the German Shepherd niche and I have a Click Bank product that is related to dog training.

Are you suggesting I go for something very targeted like German Shepherd shedding and how to to reduce it? German shepherds shed 366 days a year and I know.

39AAF8B4-8820-45DD-89C5-01D29E294C94.jpeg
If you need German Shephard images try Pixabay
https://pixabay.com/images/search/german shepherd/
Just in terms of Google it's always better to use your own images
Google has image software recognition that likes images it hasn't seen before
For email its irrelevant

Here’s a pic btw.

Just in terms of Google it's always better to use your own images
Google has image software recognition that likes images it hasn't seen before
For email its irrelevant

Hmm. I’m following these lessons but rethinking my product. I don’t think it has to be a click bank product. Not trying to re-invent the wheel.

I think reducing German Shepherd shedding vs dog training is better. Like you said in other post Shark vaccums or other related products.

Seems like you’re suggested a blog? This course is about a specific product to promote. Not sure on the traffic methods yet.

Hmm. I’m following these lessons but rethinking my product. I don’t think it has to be a click bank product. Not trying to re-invent the wheel.

I think reducing German Shepherd shedding vs dog training is better. Like you said in other post Shark vaccums or other related products.

Seems like you’re suggested a blog? This course is about a specific product to promote. Not sure on the traffic methods yet.

Suggest you start by putting all of your effort into creating something that provides real value to people who own German Shephard dogs
What questions and problems do German Shephard owners have?
What solutions can you provide?
You could do a lot worse than create a directory of all the German Shephard trainers in your state
Sounds boring (well it is) but it will get traffic
Once you have traffic you have a lot more options

banners
Back