The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New click tracking app - what are you looking for?

bcoelho

Hey!

I'm a software developer who also dabbles in marketing and affiliate marketing.
I'm thinking about creating a new click tracking software like Voluum or Ads Bridge. I thought I would ask here what are your biggest pet peeves or feature you want to see with the click tracking software you are using now.

I'm looking for some ideas, but also beta testers. If you want early access it'll be free forever. The only thing I ask in return is feedback about the software and thing you might want to see in it.

Thanks for reading!

GEO-IP GEO-City would be useful to sort hits and conversions.
Personally, I use my own census information relational database data; (income, housing, median age, sex, ages, race ) queried by US zip codes --that's available in the US GEO-City (Maxmind)
Reinventing the wheel serves little purpose ...

One of the biggest issues for trackers now is that the SE's are eliminating 3rd party tracking. Many of the trackers claim they've compensated or in process of compensating, but every one I have tried is still having issues.

Article from Inc. Mag on this issue too.

I know that this will be an on again/off again thing for the next few years. FB was doing the same thing earlier this year and then reverted back for now. Everyone is claiming it to be associated with privacy issues, but the truth is people are a little uncomfortable about the whole retargeting thing and saying it's an invasion of privacy. I think it is more over that people just have never known this has been going on under the covers of the net forever. Now they see it.

It will find a balance soon enough.

Personally, I use my own census information relational database data; (income, housing, median age, sex, ages, race ) queried by US zip codes --that's available in the US GEO-City (Maxmind)
Any current trackers that offer all of this data or no?

Hey!

I'm thinking about creating a new click tracking software like Voluum or Ads Bridge. I thought I would ask here what are your biggest pet peeves or feature you want to see with the click tracking software you are using now.

I'm looking for some ideas, but also beta testers. If you want early access it'll be free forever. The only thing I ask in return is feedback about the software and thing you might want to see in it.

Thanks for reading!
If there is a way to incorporate gender and income data somehow would be crazy useful. Sort of the way fb does it..Would be super stoked to have early access!

change to its Chrome browser: Over the next two years, it plans to "phase out support for third-party cookies in Chrome
I have been saying cookies are dead for a long time
xhr/AJAX and data retention are what the big advertisers are doing. This is much more resource intensive and tricky to attribute to users but is very doable (backend and not detected -- on the landing page side) no cookies used or all first party to the front-end codes (server-headers)

I use ip2long and that becomes the key to the user --that can be problematic with LTE mobile as that traffic is proxied. That is why so much advertising is in app today ;)
With mobile; GEO-fencing is effective -- the GPS location of the device --apps can deliver that location data --locations can be mapped with times assigned.

Last edited:
Hey!

Thanks for reading!

Happy to beta test. Yet, have in mind that the tracking market is quite competitive at the moment. Voluum, Kintura, FunnelTrack, Binom, RedTrack, just to name a few... Lots of great options there. Prosper202 announced 2 weeks ago that he is leaving the affiliate space.

You have to have an interesting / different idea, or be cheaper...

Any current trackers that offer all of this data or no?
No, I built it myself --for my own use and any client that wants to pay my fee ;) $140/hr contract discounts up to 60% on retainers ... I have access to micro area aggregate demographics also ...

banners
Back