The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Network Approval

BrianP66

Hi everyone.

Am I right in assuming that the networks want to see that you are capable of driving traffic to your store before they approve you. If so how many store visits is a good target to aim for? Are they interested in Facebook likes?

Thanks

Well, are you planning to place affiliate offers in your store?

What is your store, or what kind of store?

Well, are you planning to place affiliate offers in your store?

What is your store, or what kind of store?
It's OK T J I just got approved by two programs today. Direct and not through a network which is best right. I only opened a week ago. Less than 100 visits to my store. I better get working on some product reviews.

yes I also prefer direct with most offes. Not always easy to achieve.
What is the best way to go direct? So far, I'm on two networks as a beginner as I'd like to gain some experience promoting offers on there. Also, why do more experienced affiliates like to go the direct route? More perks?

Direct isn't always best. Go for a name brand tennis shoe and they might offer only 7% but a major sporting goods outlet might give you 10%. The two I picked up today only have in house programs and don't go through a network. I'm applying for another tomorrow which I know is in house. You are working with the brand directly and it helps if you are using their product. If you enjoy writing about their product it is easier to market. I'm only just learning to swim with affiliate marketing. I'll start using facebook a bit more aggressively next week to get traffic. Good luck.

I mostly do only direct these days because I have a following in my niches, like private jet charters, high end watches, and supercars. I have proven myself in these niches and I am sought after by brands as an invitation only promoter. I have been in this since '96 and have a reputation for producing. In fact, the top 7 niches I work in approached me, and I was able to continually negotiate commissions over time base on production. Completely WH and with among the lowest reversion rates with those companies. It's a privilege to aim for.

I mostly do only direct these days because I have a following in my niches, like private jet charters, high end watches, and supercars. I have proven myself in these niches and I am sought after by brands as an invitation only promoter. I have been in this since '96 and have a reputation for producing. In fact, the top 7 niches I work in approached me, and I was able to continually negotiate commissions over time base on production. Completely WH and with among the lowest reversion rates with those companies. It's a privilege to aim for.
That sounds much better than Amazon Associates.

You can learn a great deal with AA when just starting out. It's relatively inexpensive to promote and teaches you a great deal about the business. True that the commissions are low, but everyone starting out really requires ease of access to promotions and a relatively "easy on the budget" scenario for practicing the trade.

Nice!! I like all 3 niches a lot, especially supercars. I'm a sucker for supercars! Own any yourself?

No, not anymore. I used to have a McLaren many years ago, but sold it when I left Las Vegas and moved back east. Plenty of places in the west to drive them, but no place in the northeast to drive them.

MI
Back