The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Neo's Journey on Mobile Ads

neotron

affiliate
Hey guys,

I've tried Paid marketing couple times before with facebook ads and mobile banner ads but i failed both times . I realised that the main reason for my failure was i was just looking at paid marketing as a side project and was not giving much time to it. well now i know that i was wrong ... and also i dint had much time and money to spend as paid marketing requires a lot of money to succeed (or so i read everywhere) .

well now i am dedicating my 100% time to this project. i have stopped everything else. i mean seriously i have stopped everything else...
I have about $2k to invest in this.

Earlier i have tried bit of facebook advertising and mobile ads on decisive network but later i realized that my approach was wrong. Paid marketing should be done step by step where each step is supposed to solve a problem .
With display ads i was trying to optimize banner , landing pages , angles all at once. but i think now i should concentrate first on optimizing only landing pages that's why i m choosing to work with mobile redirects and popup/under ads. display advertising can come later when i m already done with optimizing landing pages and angles.

so i have started with a network that serves mobile redirects .

Also as i cant really afford paid tracking system like voluum or cpvlabs and neither i want to use then as i want more backend data to play with. i tried prosper202 but i dint like it at all. something is always not working there. so i decided to develop my own as i go.

So lets Begin ....

At the moment i have only two network i.e. peerfly and cpagrip so i will start with them.

So three days ago i started with a sweepstake offer :

Campaign 1
Offer: Vote Superman vs Batman , win $100 Giftcard

Landing pages i made :
bZykpNX.png
pLgacxL.png
wXacv6t.png

I ran this on US traffic with minimum bid 0.002 per redirect. Below were my stats :

waE2edF.png

Overall:
Q0RoTmb.png

Spent: $30
Conversion : 2
Revenue : $3.42
ROI: -88%

I have added some extra variables in my tracking script namely 'HOLD' , 'HR' and 'side income' . i will try to explain what they are :

HOLD - is the number of visitor that are staying on my landing page more then 3 seconds or doing any activity . i m doing this by using ajax script to call my server after 3 seconds of the page load. this also includes user activity like pressing the 'back button' . i m tracking this so i can better analyse which placement(websites) are sending real traffic and which one are sending too many fake visits.

HR - It is the ratio between HOLD and the number of total Hits. Ignore the First row where Hold is zero as added the hold variable after that campaign finished . As you can see the hold ratio is about 50-60% that means about 50% traffic is not waiting to load the page. either they are bot hits or my landing pages are crap.i have yet to figure that out.

Side income: they are income generated when visitor is not interested in the my landing page offer and press the back button . when user press back button he gets redirecte to another generic mobile offer for that country. as you can see i earned $1.8 as side income.

I have yet to try cutting placements . this was my initial test to gather some data .

Also i ran another offer

Campaign 2 :
Offer : 360 secutiry ( App install)

Landing pages i used :

5M1BMM5.png
ME8DouG.png
WfnvnwR.png
mwNeA95.png

Stats:
mwCPcA7.png

Overall:
SB4CjTS.png

Spent : $25
Conversion: 3
Revenue : $1.2
Side Revenue: $8.05

Wow . alot of extra revenue :p

I ran this for both US and INDIA Traffic to collect some data.

HOLD ratio is comparatively very lesser then the previous campaign. i guess people are now blind to such banner as many marketers have been running them since ages.
Still these CLickthrough ratio is lot better then the sweepstakes offer.

Although i both campaign sucked still i will work more on these two campaigns but first i need to analyse some data.

Also i also ran tested more offers i.e. one clickbank product but i was just throwing money. its not even worth posting it here :p

Today i spent most of time developing my tracking system to create several kind of reports so that i can analyse the data efficiently. i will be starting campaigns again from tomorrow.

thanks for your case study . hope that , you will give us more info about it . I have a question ,
Which aff. network you are using for app install offers in which ad network ?

Your Banners were awesome , I thought you will get many conversions... GoodLuck and try to write short info on the banners bcoz people are lazy they dont read much especially IN people, maybe you will get more conversions...just my thinking :)

I have been using plug rush as traffic source. I wrote several kind of reporting scripts to analyse the data but nothing is coming consistent. The same website that converted in previous campaign won't convert in next which is making me pull my hair :p I have already burned about $200 .will post the screen shots once I reach home today.

I kinda feeling I chose wrong traffic source to start with :/

So here are my my stats since last 4 days.

My total spend since i started this is about $210 .but i had to loose $60 worth days bcos of a bug in my script which messed my data so i had to delete that data.

Here is the screen of the overall stats:

g8QqWjO.png

ROI : -92% :(

Also i noticed 7-8% of unwanted traffic. I have asked for traffic from US, IN and ID only but look at the below screenshots:
KI27dJV.png

Total Traffic delivered : 73269
Total traffic i asked (US +IN +ID) : 67547
Junk Traffic : 5723 = 7.8%

On addition to the above two campaigns i mentioned earlier i also launched another campaign on LEO privacy guard app.

And due to extremely bad conversion rate i was(still) getting i designed a landing page to decrease my CTR but to increase the quality by making users click three times on my landing page to get to the actual offer page,in hope that they will convert better.

One of my such template Sample:
8D7CINL.png

Stats:
wqC4XJU.png

UvfAWzD.png

I know for a fact that this offer is converting with about 6% for another top affiliate on my network as shown by my aff manager. but i cant seem to figure out why its not converting for me.

Its not like i m just blindly buying traffic from all placements. i have been blacklisting low hold ratio and low CTR placements constantly.
even tried to run some campaigns only on specific placements where i got conversions earlier still the same site that converted earlier wont convert next time.

Its really frustating to see my stats lol :p either my traffic source suck or i m doing something very wrong.
But anyway i m not giving up anytime soon. i need to make this work.

as i mentioned i am currently using PLUGRUSH for traffic source as i wanted to try mobile redirects but i got rejected by zeropark. now i m reading everywhere that plugrush traffic is only descent for adult offers. so far i tried to stay away from adult niche but seems like i need to try it if i must work with plugrush. I dont really want to work on adult niche.

u have any tips and suggestions for me then please do tell . would really appreciate it.....

How are you creating this lp? From person experience you will earn more with these lp on pop traffic on tier 2 countries

Hey guys. sorry i have been away. basically i burned about $1500 on my campaigns without any profit.i ran out of fundings so i had to go back to my previous work. but now i m back with about $4k budget and will start new campaigns in few days. trying to decide which platform should i go with. last time i tried popads plugrush n popcash and i dint like the traffic at all. maybe i will try with facebook or adwords

Hey guys. sorry i have been away. basically i burned about $1500 on my campaigns without any profit.i ran out of fundings so i had to go back to my previous work. but now i m back with about $4k budget and will start new campaigns in few days. trying to decide which platform should i go with. last time i tried popads plugrush n popcash and i dint like the traffic at all. maybe i will try with facebook or adwords

What offers were you running, btw?

Quite strange as plugrush is mainly for adult campaigns.
Yes but i was working on the idea that even adult website users needs antivirus for their phone and other offers like leo privacy guard etc :p i havent tried any adult or dating offers except flirchi for India users.

EDIT: In plugrush i dint use plugs but only pop traffic

Yes but i was working on the idea that even adult website users needs antivirus for their phone and other offers like leo privacy guard etc :p i havent tried any adult or dating offers except flirchi for India users.

EDIT: In plugrush i dint use plugs but only pop traffic

Well, according to stats of my colleagues, adult traffic rarely converts good on anything except adult theme offers, so maybe that's the point.

Have you manage to make black/white lists on those sources?

Well, according to stats of my colleagues, adult traffic rarely converts good on anything except adult theme offers, so maybe that's the point.

Have you manage to make black/white lists on those sources?
I wish sometold had told me that earlier . btw i spent about $600 on plugrush. And rest on popads and popcash.
I still have all the data from previous campaigns regarding all my blacklists and whitelists. During my tests i found alot of whitelists but my results were never consistent. btw as i dont want to get into adult campaigns i m not sure if they are of any use to me now.

banners
Back