The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Need some opinions

Chris6000

affiliate
Hi all,

I need to get some opinions from you who have been in affiliate marketing for some time. I have been searching for a solution, but havent found any as of yet.
I know how to use WordPress and I am thinking about promoting products, either through blogging or ads and maybe also using some free trafic method.
Since I am totally blind I heavely rely on text and therefor, using images and other graphical elements when I create content is not my thing.
So, my question is when you create landing pages, or blog posts how important are the images in it you think? This has scared me a little off since I am not sure if this will work without it. What are your opinions about this? Many thanks for any replies!

Hi all,

I need to get some opinions from you who have been in affiliate marketing for some time. I have been searching for a solution, but havent found any as of yet.
I know how to use WordPress and I am thinking about promoting products, either through blogging or ads and maybe also using some free trafic method.
Since I am totally blind I heavely rely on text and therefor, using images and other graphical elements when I create content is not my thing.
So, my question is when you create landing pages, or blog posts how important are the images in it you think? This has scared me a little off since I am not sure if this will work without it. What are your opinions about this? Many thanks for any replies!

Users look at the logo first
Often for 1 second or less, and it peripheral vision
You don't need to have anything complicated
But some things count as more important
Use simple image and 1-2 words
Like the Affiliate Fix logo --> can be used in any color
bfb7192a0f6166b6c981304560e4b290.png

Another cool thing about Affiliate Fix logo is the image is also the favicon
Favicons are incredibly important

Once you have a logo and favicon
Next you can focus on each blog post
Where the most important image is the 1st one
From and SEO viewpoint here are some of my 1st image checklist items
  1. Correct image extension (.JPG, .PNG, .GIF)
  2. Under 100kb file size (for fast loading)
  3. Make the image file name same as the H1 title (but keep it an accurate description of the image)
  4. Use an image that the keyword has high search volume (or the keyword is "picture of a ..")
  5. Use a unique image
  6. Make the most important part of the image in the middle 3rd of both the vertical and the horizontal parallels (important for social media sharing and mobile view in Google Search)
  7. Include an image caption
  8. Don't link the image to a page with just that image (this is a Wordpress setting you can make)
  9. Try not to use stock galleries unless you have too (or use image that is either new or hasn't be often downloaded)

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Since I am totally blind I heavely rely on text
You are literally 'blind' --cant see?
Images are important --they invoke emotion --and people buy based on emotion.

One alternative would be using offers with company owned landing pages already made for you.

Another aspect is navigation --sighted people navigate with images a lot.

Are you 'catering' to a user that needs a text only web page? Using a screen reader? There may be a strong niche market in that in itself to capitalize on ;)

banners
Back